• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hood fit

B

benp

Dec 22, 2007
My experience with replacing the hood.

Another set of hands help to make sure the side panels up top do not get hung up.

I lay on my side down by front bumper so I can see where the hood and intake meet.

I tip the hood forward so the bottom of the intake horn goes in first, then just roll it in and lastly a good shove back to make sure it's fully seated.

There should be no gaps at the bottom and that T30 locks up tight. Those are my 2 indicators that the hood is on correctly.

Those quick connect pins will go in with an incorrectly installed hood. The T30 will kinda sorta seem that it is tightening but will not lock up and you will have gaps.

Laying down and watching the hood and intake meet gave me a good idea of how things are supposed to be when it is on correctly.

Hope this helps.

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
Here is the place where it leaks...
13cfd5052db0697363fd39ea8d252ca9.jpg
c6a58e44ad85f7179bdb8197553560e4.jpg
06cfd3f14e13849bebf1de4d07b4dded.jpg
fd09f50debe617b294d51dc4f8b167e9.jpg

Lähetetty minun Armor_3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

D
Sep 2, 2013
WY
So I have a Skinz front bumper. Installed V Force reeds, and I cant get the tabs on the hood inside the lower intake plenum. The hood hits the bumper before it allows the top tab on the hood to get low enough to fit into the plenum. The plenum does look like it might be sticking out further than it should, but not much. Not sure if I didn’t install the reeds correctly (everything appears to be sealed and installed as it should be) and it’s causing the plenum to stick out further than it should, or if the bumper prevents the hood from coming down far enough to insert correctly. Any advice? I can post pictures tomorrow, if that helps.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
If installing aftermarket reeds it can make the intake plenum stick out further than stock. I found I had to trim the outer end of plenum under rubber gasket to get hood to go back on properly especially if you have a bumper other than the original hoop.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Same as Spoon- After installing the V force 3 Reed assembly, and the BM Fab front bumper I did trim a trim bit with a razor knife to keep the box in further. But in all honestly sealing up the entire lip of the front ( like in Fudge pictures above it cured all the snow injestion. I used black RTV

Premium Features