• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Home made snow gun/ snow maker/ fan gun---SOLD!!!

M

MTB02

Aug 2, 2009
park city, ut
Im selling my home made fan gun I built a year or two ago. I dont have time for it now since I dont spend enough time at home. You can see all the build process on this link....
CLICK HERE http://snowguns.com/eve/forums...181/m/7281035474/p/1

Its a legit build and it works awesome. It is a home made gun so you will have to tinker with it to get it just right for your location just like anything else. Asking $850 for the whole thing plus you pay for shipping. THATS AN UNREAL DEAL!!! Anyone interested should email me directly at MTB02@yahoo.com and put snowgun in the subject. Would like to see this sold soon before November. Any question please ask. Thanks

specs for the gun are as followed....

Max gpm - Almost 4.5 gpm if you have the water!
1st ring 12 6 gph
2nd ring 12 8 gph
3rd ring 12 10 gph

My house pressure is at 75-100 psi so I didnt use a booster pump and was getting about 3 gallons of water a minute but if you have the pump you can definitely max this thing out!

The nuc ran at about 40 psi but varied with weather conditions. Its all easily adjustable. My air compressor is a 60gallon 12.5 CFM @ 40 psi. Not sure what a minimum CFM this would need to be honest. My compressor ran ever 2 minutes for 30 seconds or so. All you need is an extension cord and this thing is juiced up! Please reread my forum I linked to on the first post to see the whole project! Thanks.

Matt

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0042-1.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg

M

MTB02

Aug 2, 2009
park city, ut
I live in Buffalo Ny and yes its still here. Im starting it at $850, thats how much all the parts were to build it but Im open to any offers. Im selling because I live in Utah for the winters now and theres no need for this, plus Im buying a sled this year and some money for accessories would be great! Thanks

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I am really f'n curous about this!! Awesome build by the way. I looked into building one of these about 3 years ago (not at all like this). Sick. Question is, how much snow will this actually produce? Or how much snow have you produced with this? Thanks.

M

MTB02

Aug 2, 2009
park city, ut
It can produce about a 1.5 feet of snow in a 10 x 25 in an hour if the conditions are cold enough and you can run all the nozzles on. Thanks for looking!

L
Feb 11, 2019
It can produce about a 1.5 feet of snow in a 10 x 25 in an hour if the conditions are cold enough and you can run all the nozzles on. Thanks for looking!

Hi What do you mean for cold enough and run all the noozles? How many gallons of water per minute? I'd be interested in noozles type and a project line.

Thank you
Pietro

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cool project. I had never seen this thread.
I'm sure someone would like to see a homemade build like this.

Just so you know, "sold" threads are not deleted so that people can see cool stuff and compare market prices.

Last edited:
Premium Features