• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High Beams Not Working

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
2017 Summit - Low beams work but high beams are out on both sides. Anybody know if the bulbs can go bad for the high beam but still work on low?

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
This happened on my wife's sled. Turns out her handlebar bag hit the switch at extreme turns. It may have broken the switch. While everything felt ok mechanically, the switch was definitely broke. It was a simple 5 minute fix...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Turns out it was the bulbs. You CAN have the low beams work when the high beams are burned out. I also found out my fuel pump went bad, so there's that too. Symptoms were it had an intermittent bog at or near WOT. It also ran out of gas going uphill when I had a couple gallons still in the tank. It's a tough one to diagnose, due to the intermittent nature of the failure.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
I pretty much ran them on high all the time, so they probably burned out at different times and I didn't notice until they were both out. Switching to HIDs. We'll see how that goes.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I got in the habbit of running mine on high all the time as well.

My reasoning was that for running point and breaking trail after dark, and trenching all the while - that I wanted my low beams to work, as highs would be shining coon.

I guess that's not so much an issue these days now that my 136 of yesteryear has grown to 165?

Maybe I can turn my low beams on now....
???

Premium Features