• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help!!!!!!

B
Oct 15, 2008
Harlowton Mt
I need some help badd guys. Alright i have a 2000 rmk 700, i just put mikuni carbs on it and i went to grass drags today. the sled runs great for a stocker, other then a terrible bogg right off the line. when the sled is idleing it dies if you dont give it throttle. i turned the idle up and tried a bunch of different things. when you turn the choke on it idles a little bit better. its not the piolet jets being plugged we checked those.... i think it may be a reed problem but idk any ideas??

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
I don't pretend to be an expert on carborators, but you might try to drop them some more and see what you get. I just end up playing with them and noting what I do until I get it right. Good luck.:beer;

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
mine did this I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned found my needle wasn't seating

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Are these TM 40 carbs you installed? There are air pilot jets on those too which work in conjunction with the pilot jets to provide proper idle and throttle response. The needle clip position comes into play as well just off idle. Everything interacts so it is just a matter of being patient and working your way through it.

Last edited:

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Another thing to check is the belt deflection. This can cause a bog if the belt is too loose. It should be 1.25 inch. You can check this by laying a straight edge that is long enough to span both clutches on the top of the top of the belt. Push down on the belt (but not so hard as to drive the belt into the sheaves) and measure the distance between the bottom of the straight edge and the top of the belt. Adjust with the 3 adjustment bolts on the secondary clutch.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
If your sled is ritch the idle will be slow if its lean it will idle way up . If its to fat in the midrange and idle is rich when you add throtleat may not be able to get air fast enough causing it to booooooog.Get your idle a little lean and work up ,dont forget your slide has controll of rich lean conditions.

B
Oct 15, 2008
Harlowton Mt
yeah they are tm 40s i will try these things is guess its pretty much just mess with stuff till its fixed. Thanks for all the ideas guys. Any more ideas would be appreciated:beer;

Premium Features