• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with size

Jun 9, 2020
Been renting sleds for a few years now and finally looking at buying a couple and a trailer. My question is what size trailer do you recommend for two mountain sleds? Currently I'm thinking an in line vs a deck over. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I have a 7x14 enclosed that I primarily use for dirt bikes and quads. I occasionally put two sleds in it. One cat sled with 38" ski stance and one ski-doo with 36" ski stance will both drive in side by side, but is tight with the skis overlapping in the middle. If I load one forward and one back there's plenty of space around them for gear, access through the front walk-in door is better, and I can leave a heater mounted to the wall. Only thing I would change is having a v-nose on it. Mine is a flat-front cargo trailer.

jotool

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2015
A 19ft inline (14ft box plus 5 ft v-nose) would haul 2 mountain sleds well. A front and rear ramp make loading and unloading easy. Add a wall mounted seat, makes for a nice place to get dressed on the trailhead.
Aluminum is nice.
If you are using the trailer for a utv also, then make sure you look into at least a 6'6 height (or 7').
An inline trailer is nice.

If you think you may have a need for more than 2 sleds, then the 23 ft (18 ft box + v) will fit 3.

Have fun getting your new wheels and setting it up!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Premium Features