• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with setup on a 14 800 motor

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
I picked up a used motor 14 800, It has a slp pipe and right now Bikeman high elevation 37.5cc head on it. Also has pcv that has slp map stage 3 70-229 on it. Would like to run it at both at 1500 feet some and then out west 7-9k. Was going to order Bikeman slow altitude head to use but more curious about mapping changes if any that maybe needed. I think the motor was run at 3-5k as it was setup with a shot of race or octane boost.Thank you for any help.

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
No need to change map for for the slightly lower compression. That said; I have emailed SLP about maps before and are very helpful with giving you the map you need. They don't charge for different maps, so i would contact them if you have any concerns.
I would leave the map you have in and run the high altitude head when you are out west. (easy to change the head and it's a nice gain)

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
Thanks for info, that’s what I was thinking of doing. Just throwing low alt domes on it as that’s where it will be ridden first( if we get snow) leave map alone, throw recommended slp clutching at it and see how it runs.

Premium Features