• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help please cat guys

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I have a borrowed KK 900 EFI my daughter was riding and it started bogging and now will not start seems to have good spark. What are some of the common things to look for? I know very little about cats so any help would be greatly appreciated

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I pulled the fuel line from the rail and it does pump fuel when cranked. I poured fuel into cylinders and it fired immediately and ran for a few seconds. So it is a fuel problem. Reconnected the line and it will not start.

How much fuel pressure should there be ?

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Seems like the pump is most likely unless both injectors clogged simultainiously I'd think it would still fire on one cylinder . Dam fuel pumps are pricey as heck!

I should know better than to borrow stuff this always happens

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Use battery and run the fuel pump both ways, then check the fuel pressure. The screens could be almost pugged and just need to be blown out. Make sure the pump is an issue before replacing it, yes they are expensive. You can go with a after-market pump but then you need a pressure regulator to get it around that 40 psi mark. I have seen some used pumps on here and E-bay.

Premium Features