• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help identifying accessory plug

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Howdy, hoping someone can assist identifying the accessory power plug on the hood of a 2013 RMK 800. I’m needing to hardwire a heated brake lever I got that was originally intended for a 850. Also shouting out the colors of the wires would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Black/red. DC. Fused 2 amp in the bag by the primary. Labeled ACC in wiring diagram. It's been confused as AC because of the name. It's DC. You can bump amps, but quality amps on the poo are hard to come by before the smoke rolls. I've said it before - these Pro Rides have a wiring harness designed and built in an 8th grade shop class - I'm being respectful to the high school shop students. They did the Axys. No one has ever admitted to the IQ, drunk or sober.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
The ACC Power Test and RCA Accessory Power plugs both come from the same source (you can see this in your wiring photo, both connecting to the AC Pwr Splice along with handwarmers and headlights). On the pro ride this is actually AC power, not DC, and it's not fused. On the Axys this went to DC power.

The DC Test Pwr plug is 2 amp fused DC power.

The skinz heated brake lever will run off any of those 3 plugs, AC or DC power (hence the same skinz lever works for pro ride and axys 600/800 sleds). It'll run a little hotter from DC.

Premium Features