• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help Id trailing arms and advise on tubing mount - replaceable tube T-arms

D

Ding

Apr 17, 2002
Michigan
I picked up these T-arm ends a while back and now can't find the tubes that go with them. So I grabbed some aluminum swedged rods for Race Cars and intend to just cut off and insert in the T-arm end. The tube OD is 1.25", and the fit is for the Yamaha SX Mtn Viper (2003-2005).

Does anybody recognize them?
What would you use to secure the tube to the end, as you can see in the pic there is a small hole in one side that aligns with the small brace tube?20210117_182547.jpg20210117_182553.jpg20210117_183921.jpg

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
those look to be Dan Alts from Alternative impact. either way those will work, whats the wall thickness? od required? hell im running alluminum upper control arms on a 56 chevy pull truck/duramax. id say for a sled 1.125" od DOM 6061 would be ideal. rub them with clr and leave them outside in the sun to get some natural hardening back in so they don't collect ice!

for secureing the tube id run some of the 3m structual bonding or LORDS like what is used on polaris snowmobiles, ford aluma dutys ect. a little goes a long way! and then a quality, stainless 1/4" rivet in the whole. There is lots of ways to skin a cat!

p.s. dan doesnt make those anymore i don't think but you can call him, im sure he can give you a run down even if those are NOT his https://www.alternativeimpact.com/

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Fabcraft use to make arms like that. The tubes where carbon fiber and they would use an epoxy of some sort to hold them in then later on down the road they switch to aluminum. They used to sell replacement tubes not sure if they still do. Its been awhile since I've had a set but if I remember right there was a alen head set screw that would go in the smaller hole then later on it changed to a bolt going through it when switching to the aluminum tube. Or maybe that was just something we did. That was like 15-20 years ago.

gp800

Premium Member
Sep 25, 2017
Look to be PLP arms, there is a thread inside the arm you'll end up drilling your new swedged tube and cross bolting it using the hole provided.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
there Fabcraft arms
Been told rumors for the last 2 seasons that they are up and running again. Also some rumblings of one of their big competitor company's from years past -possibly. Idk?

Make America mod sled again

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Look to be PLP arms, there is a thread inside the arm you'll end up drilling your new swedged tube and cross bolting it using the hole provided.
I agree, they look like Powder Lite Products
If the thread inside is 1/4-20 it's most likely theirs.
PLP used to make them for Mountain Performance as well.

Premium Features