• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help 13 m8 wont run

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
I have a 13 m8 with a bmp 900 kit. Took sled out for first ride this year and everything ran good for first 6 miles did a full throttle pull up a hill and now wont run over 6500 rpm it cuts out. I checked plugs and mag side is good pto side was white I limped back to the trailer and pulled plugs again and both sides look good it appears to be going lean on the pto side in the higher rpm I currently have no idea where to start to figure this issue out any help would be great thanks

R
If you have white plugs, you are lean. You better start there or you will have a melt down. You will have to do some pulls at rpm levels and check your plugs. May be an injector problem, or stator problem. Take it all apart and clean, clean, clean and inspect.
How does it run at idle, then higher rpm. May be a fuel pump issue, but doesn't sound like it to me. If it runs, you are getting fuel..

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
Problems on first run of the year are often solved by checking the basics. My first guess would be water in the fuel or bad fuel. Next would be bad spark plugs. Todays sleds will usually start and idle with poor plugs but the plugs will fail at higher rpms.

I would empty all fuel, check fuel filter, change plugs and start with clean fresh fuel.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
We filled 3 sleds up at same pump mine was only one with issues sled starts and idles good and runs normal up to half throttle then it just falls on its face I was kind of leaning towards a plugged pto injector and was thinking of just replacing it I have pulled it down and visually checked pistons and cylinders as well as reeds and all looks the be fine

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
How many miles on engine and pistons?
How many miles on clutches or rebuilds?
How many miles since power valves cleaned?
How many miles since reed valves were checked/replaced?
One cylinder have an air leak causing it to burn hotter (white plug)?
Just because all three sleds were filled from same pump doesn't mean there wasn't moisture or bad fuel in your tank before filling?
Was the old fuel stabilized in a timely manner after last ride last season?

Premium Features