• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help ..... 08 XP Rear Shocks

Hi guys,

First post on here, love this site!

I have a new to me 08 XP 800 with 154" track. Back after the first two weekends of riding and have found what looks like a broken spring on the rear skid front shock. I'm likely around 275lbs with gear on, what should I do? Replace with stock if I can find them or is there other reasonably priced options?

Any help or suggestions?

D
Jan 26, 2011
Northern BC
Hi guys,

First post on here, love this site!

I have a new to me 08 XP 800 with 154" track. Back after the first two weekends of riding and have found what looks like a broken spring on the rear skid front shock. I'm likely around 275lbs with gear on, what should I do? Replace with stock if I can find them or is there other reasonably priced options?

Any help or suggestions?

Welcome!

While I'm not completely familiar with your exact '08 Summit 154, I highly doubt it came with dual rate springs. What level of Summit is it? Everest or X? I ask because the X came with rebuidlabe shocks which is helpful for someone in your weight category. Any chance these are already aftermarket shocks?

If you have rebuildable units I'd consider contacting a shop that could rebuild, revalve and spring them appropriately based on your riding style and weight. I've used Monster Performance in the past, Ian there is great to work with, but there are many other options.

If you do not have rebuildable shocks, these same shops can usually explain your best options within any budget concerns as they tend to have trade ins available, many of which can be set up for you. The trick with a good shock guy is to be straight up about you and your riding abilities and style. That will help ensure they can provide what you're looking for.

Hope that helps.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Assuming the spring IS broken, either just replace with new or keep an eye out for a set of good, used shocks. A shock off a '08-'09 is the same, they are longer in later years.
Depending on what you want to spend, give Toms Snowmobile (Cali) a call, he can set you up with anything from a basic rebuild to high-end aftermarket.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Used shock for sale

Have a used shock for an 08-09 ready to go. In great condition. PM me if your interested. Welcome to the site too!!

So I dug a little deeper and removed the shock. The spring is definitely broken and the bar is bent! My sled is a 08 Summit Everest, HPS can and 20:49 gearing are the only mods. Engine was rebuilt approx. 700 miles ago. Guess I am looking to replace now for sure.

image.jpg

Premium Features