• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helmet/Brain Bucket Setup

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I'm getting back into the sport after a long absence and got to find all new gear. I've had a couple Full faced helmets, Ski-doo NFMH and wound up using a simple moto-cross helmet with Scott Goggles, quick release straps and a No-Fog Half mask to port out the breath. What brain bucket do you slap on that thing you call a head from the neck up? Please share what you like about it and share photos if you could.

23632_1240233368804_2680969_n.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Forget the quick straps, all they do is allow moisture on the inside lens then it fogs.

Scott 89xi are some of my favorite goggles, they quit making them a long time ago....
The new magnetic Klim are amazing except for the scratchy face foam when it's warm out.

I like the Carbon helmets because the heavy helmets hurt my neck by end of day. Worth the $$$ to me.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I’ve used 509 googles with good succes, but this year I’ll be leaning towards headed googles. I’m tired of the fogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Nov 29, 2008
Klim f4 with Klim viper pro goggles with quick straps and very seldom have an issue ....mostly ride without a balaclava ...good face to foam seal is imperative

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
Scott 89xi are some of my favorite goggles, they quit making them a long time ago....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Another Scott fan here. Tried many goggles over the years...still think I liked my 89xi's the best. :confused:

I've ran a number of helmets/goggles over the years. To date, I think my favorite was my Scott CL-X4 with 89xi goggles from probably 15 years ago. But alas, good things come to an end.

Currently using a Motorfist Dominator helmet with Stage Idea goggles. The Motorfist fits fine and is lighter than some. Construction isn't the greatest; had to glue some of the 'trim' back on. But. I got a good deal on it. No complaints. The Stage Idea goggles were initially a 'great deal' purchase and I ended up liking them. Have two or three pair I carry.

If I were buying new, today, I'd certainly give Klim a look. 509 is popular, but I never loved the one I have. If possible, you're probably best off trying helmets on at a dealer to at least verify the fitment.

Last edited:

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Oakley goggles. It only makes sense to buy eyewear from an eyewear company, and leave outerwear to an outerwear company

Helmet - whatever fits best for your shape noggin

Premium Features