• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helix removal

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Anyone have a trick to get the helix to pop out of the secondary?

I have the four screws out and can’t get it out. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chralle

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
north of sweden
Usually I remove the belt adjustment screw and then turns the sheaves, so you get an edge that you can pray open with a flathead

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Anyone have a trick to get the helix to pop out of the secondary?

I have the four screws out and can’t get it out. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adjustment screw up.
smack the bottom side (helix side) down on a piece of wood sitting on a solid surface.
helix jumps right out. Easy peasy

no prying, no hammering, no deformed aluminum.

no readjustment of deflection even.

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I take Hundreds of them apart...where your at, loosen the belt deflection bolt, 7/16 and 1/8 Allan. just back it off a few turns, you will feel it release the pressure off the helix... flip it over and drop it in a soft surface...REMEMBER don't tighten that deflection bolt until you done reinstalling..Makes it so much easier..for others when taking the 27 Torx 4 bolts, I use a ratchet first to break loose, if they don't then I use a torch and heat them up before lessening..after loose you can use a impact...I still go through many 27 Torx per year!!! some are all BLUE loctite.

motodad383

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Yeah, tap the splined shaft on a chunk of 2x4. ZRP T-30 helix bolts are worth their weight it gold. Check them out.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yeah, tap the splined shaft on a chunk of 2x4. ZRP T-30 helix bolts are worth their weight it gold. Check them out.
Or just buy a 25 pack of “torx plus” screws from mcmaster carr for the same price. ?

torx plus is a stronger bit with the screw also being less susceptible to rounding out.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Or just buy a 25 pack of “torx plus” screws from mcmaster carr for the same price. ?

torx plus is a stronger bit with the screw also being less susceptible to rounding out.
Size of screw/ link to McMaster? Thanks.

Premium Features