• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heim Joint style A-Arms

Jeff95

Premium Member
Jan 11, 2009
Terrebonne, Oregon
Is anyone having issues with Heim Joint Style Lower a-arms locking up and making it hard to turn?
I got two rides on each set of lower heim joint a-arms before making it hard to turn. I took them off and put them in a vise and they where very hard to rotate ball in joint.
The heims have the teflon/nylon bushing between ball and outter part of joint.
They are not bent and I can rotate locking nut all the way thru treads!

Jeff

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Is anyone having issues with Heim Joint Style Lower a-arms locking up and making it hard to turn?
I got two rides on each set of lower heim joint a-arms before making it hard to turn. I took them off and put them in a vise and they where very hard to rotate ball in joint.
The heims have the teflon/nylon bushing between ball and outter part of joint.
They are not bent and I can rotate locking nut all the way thru treads!

Jeff

Very common. I’m still trying to find a source for oil lite bushing style 5/8” rod ends.

While riding it seems the joints build heat and ice up at times making it even worse.

The arms I have came with bushings to reduce from 1/2” diameter through holes and all I can seem to find are oil lite rod ends with 5/8” through holes.

I did change the upper ball joints to oem polaris joints from the IQ chassis. (They have SAE threads to match the arms)

This helps a little.

Premium Features