• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heated Windshield Squirters?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I keep having an issue with my squirters freezing up when I need them. I have tried changing out to a lower freezing temp fluid but it marginally helps. Anyone add a heating system to their factory system to warm the fluid up? '12 F150 if it matters.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Didn't the bowties have this years ago? If I'm not mistaken there was a recall or discontinuation of it because things were starting on fire.

It's not uncommon to be -30C up here, I have never had frozen squirters. The stuff we buy in the store is good to -35 or -40.....

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Yes - GM had it as an option around 2008. We had it on my wife's Acadia, it worked great. We used it in the summer and the hot juice helped remove bugs as well. I guess a few of them caught on fire and GM removed them from all vehicles and refunded the $ back (sticker option - I think we got 100 or 120 dollar check from them). I wish they would bring it back.

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
I had it on my 08 sierra and loved it, mine had the recall done when I bought it, but I just bought the aftermarket replacement and it worked just like factory. The company did sell a kit that was a universal fit, Alphatherm I think was the company.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I'm less interested in steam cleaning my windshield as I am of having the ability to get fluid out of the nozzles in the winter.
This AlphaTherm unit runs whenever the truck is on. I would likely wire it with a solenoid so I could activate when needed. My other concern is the distance from the heater to the nozzle, would it keep it warm to the orifice or would I still have freezing issues if the wrong fluid was added when I get my oil changed?

Premium Features