• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heads up... 2020 expert limiter strap Issue

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
Just letting everyone know that the limiter strap on the 2020 experts I’ve worked on have needed lengthened one hole for the quick adjust to work properly. The stock limiter strap is not allowing the quick adjust to go into full “long” mode.
Lengthen the strap to #2 hole instead of #3 hole and then everything works correctly.

801_FuNk_801

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2008
Ogden, Ut
Would love to give an update but my length selector was frozen solid all day long. Couldn’t get it to move for the life of me.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I figured that out on my first ride out on my expert. I moved it one hole and it worked a lot better. My skis wouldn't even come up at all in the long setting before. I couldn't get any weight transfer without moving it. Has anyone tried moving it out two holes? Too much transfer?

801_FuNk_801

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2008
Ogden, Ut
I figured that out on my first ride out on my expert. I moved it one hole and it worked a lot better. My skis wouldn't even come up at all in the long setting before. I couldn't get any weight transfer without moving it. Has anyone tried moving it out two holes? Too much transfer?
I had mine in long on the second hole and I could stand that thing at 12:00 on command. So fun!

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I had mine in long on the second hole and I could stand that thing at 12:00 on command. So fun!
I'm in the 2nd hole and in long setting, and my skis come off a little but won't come close to pulling strait up. my adjustable limiter is the same length as my stock limiter while setting flat on the ground. Almost like its doing nothing the front one is already doing. But I see no way to adjust the adjustable strap. Until I moved it one hole out, the skis wouldn't come up at all in the long setting.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

W
Dec 7, 2017
Silt, CO
If you switch your limiter strap to the second hole, you need to lengthen the adjustable strap as well. It's in the manual. I've got mine set so long is #2 and short is #4. It is really light in the front end on #2, lots of fun. But I did flip it over backwards on the first wind lip lol.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
If you switch your limiter strap to the second hole, you need to lengthen the adjustable strap as well. It's in the manual. I've got mine set so long is #2 and short is #4. It is really light in the front end on #2, lots of fun. But I did flip it over backwards on the first wind lip lol.
I didn't lengthen the adjustable strap. I looked at it and there is another hole under the washer I couldn't see, now should pull the front end up more

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
So is there any slack when you have it on long and using the second hole? Also, anyone know why some sleds like mine only have the one limiter strap?
If you only have one then you probably don't have the quick adjustable one on the side if the tunnel. What model sled do you have?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
If you lengthen both straps don’t you run into the same problem of adjuster not doing much?
I could see lengthening both if it worked correctly to start with.

Last edited:

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
So reading this thread made me curious about the difference in length of the adjustable limiter strap when on the Short vs Long settings. I installed the adjustable strap on my 2020 Freeride and currently have it set so that the range is from 2-4. The first pic is in the short setting and the second pic shows the long setting with my finger pressing down on the strap and there's not much change which I was surprised to see. Maybe it doesn't take much but the change in length does make more sense when considering the short throw of the crank mechanism (not the exterior handle but the rotating part that the top of the strap attaches to). Unfortunately I forgot to test between short/long on my first and only ride to see any difference..

IMG_2138.jpg IMG_2139.jpg

S
Feb 5, 2019
If you lengthen both straps don’t you run into the same problem of adjuster not doing much?
I could see lengthening both if it worked correctly to start with.

No. When both straps are set to long they allow the skid out equally. When the added, remote adjustable limiter strap is set to short, it only allows the skid out to its setting and the original limiter strap hangs free.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
No. When both straps are set to long they allow the skid out equally. When the added, remote adjustable limiter strap is set to short, it only allows the skid out to its setting and the original limiter strap hangs free.
The original problem was the non adjustable strap was set to short for any or much change to occur when the adjustable strap is set to the long position. So if you lengthen BOTH straps you will have the same problem of the adjustable strap not being able to fully go to its new long setting.

S
Feb 5, 2019
The original problem was the non adjustable strap was set to short for any or much change to occur when the adjustable strap is set to the long position. So if you lengthen BOTH straps you will have the same problem of the adjustable strap not being able to fully go to its new long setting.

They're both adjustable. Put each of them in the proper hole settings and it works perfect. Potential for some Experts shipping improperly is certainly an issue and should be double checked.

Premium Features