• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heading to steamboat over presidents day - 1 or 2 spots open

R
Nov 26, 2007
Brother from twin cities is coming down and picking me up on Wed the 13th. Drive all night, ride thursday afternoon, friday, saturday, sunday morning and head back sunday night.

I am 34, brother is 39. I will be riding an M8 and he has a 144 ski doo. We have a 3 place open and 1 in the bed if needed.

Usually ride meadows, trees, and whatever - we are easy.

Must be avy prepared. Staying at Hans Peak - ride in / out / bar / etc.

Let me know.

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
your brother happen to buy a used 144 x 2 track last year for his doo?

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Either last year or the year prior. He lives in rosemount. Tablerock is his handle on here.

Ya, that ski-doo is going to haul a$$, that track came off of a polaris!

MINE!

Tell him i said Hi

you guys have fun!

T

TABLEROCK

Nov 27, 2007
In Da Minnesooota
Thats Me

Hey JDW1,

Been haulin that polaris all around the country like you did last year? This will be my first trip this year. Yes I did put that track on and it did hook up nice. Good to hear from you. Keep me in mind next year if headed to Towgatee next year. :wave:

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Hey JDW1,

Been haulin that polaris all around the country like you did last year? This will be my first trip this year. Yes I did put that track on and it did hook up nice. Good to hear from you. Keep me in mind next year if headed to Towgatee next year. :wave:

Hey, hows it going?

No hauling sled all over this year, we only went to Atlanta and Dallas trade shows this year. Anyway i haven't even ridden this year but that's all about to change, I hope! :heh:

Are you guys going out there (Colorado) the first of April as well? I might consider that trip.

Last year was great, went to Island Park as planed for 5 days of riding then home for a week and a half then out to Togwotee for a week then home for two days and then i went back out to Togwotee for a month, i ran the groomer! FAR OUT MAN! lol I worked at Brooks back in 09 for a short time(got laid off, economy crashed), one of the guys i worked with in 09 now wrenches at TML and i ended up workin out there and a doin little ridin! :face-icon-small-hap

Hey take care and have a safe trip

Later

Check this out! http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=197131&stc=1&d=1359117832

Last edited:

jsnow17

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Iowa
Ride West

Riceburner,
How is the snow conditions out there? Have heard poor snow conditions.

My friend and I were looking to go out west that weekend too.

What lodge will you be staying at?
What is you est fuel cost?
what is expected cost we need to kick in?

Last edited:
R
Nov 26, 2007
We could not find lodging at hans peak. We changed plans and r now going to northedrn big horns and staying at elkview inn. If u wannt to go to rabbit ears, u could probably sttay in walden but u have to trailer up and back everyday. I will keep u posted on next trip as we filled a spot this go around.

Snow is not great anywhere but will still b fun. Hopefully get a dump in the next few weeks.

We try to do trips for 500 each.

Last edited:
D

dweets

Nov 7, 2010
When are you leaving? What route through the Dakotas are you taking? I would be interested, but I don't have much avy knowledge but do have some common sense. 34 with a 154 doo.

R
Nov 26, 2007
leaving wed after work, takign 90 out through dakota's. Let me know. Coming back sunday sometime - maybe ride / maybe not - just play by ear.

I hope you at least have a beacon, shovel, probe and know how to use them.

Premium Features