• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HAY DAYS, NO CAMPING allowed

S
Dec 8, 2007
No camping at the new location, what kind of crap is that? They updated the website to say "Camping is not permitted anywhere on the race site. All of the lodging listed is located in the vicinity of the event."

-First of all, what a hassle. I don't want to pack up all the swap meet stuff that i don't want stolen...disconnect a truck...and drive our whole crew to a hotel where we will need multiple rooms.

-Secondly...camping was 1/2 of the fun!

I'm sure this is a deal breaker for some. That lodging will fill up right away and then what? I'm only about an hour from Hay Days so I might drive up for a day but probably wont bring a trailer full of swap stuff. I feel bad for you guys making a long drive to get out here though. I'm thinking our crew will just swap at the Outlaw grass drags in Princeton, MN. It gets bigger every year and they allow you to stay on site.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
These rules will be strictly enforced

It is a condition of receiving your swap spot license that you will observe and follow these Rules and Regulations. These rules will be strictly enforced by the Sno Barons and the Anoka County Sheriff's Department. Violation of any of these rules will result in your immediate expulsion from the swap spot and event grounds and the forfeiture of any license fee and admission paid.

Your swap fee is good for both days. You must purchase a two day wrist band when you arrive. Your vehicle will be specially marked to indicate you are a swapper
2. Riding or operation of any unauthorized vehicle is prohibited anywhere on the Haydays grounds.
3. Swappers must stay within their swap site or leave the grounds Friday and Saturday night.
4. No roaming around the grounds will be allowed. Vehicles are not allowed to leave their swap spots until after 6:00 PM Saturday. If you leave overnight with your vehicle, it must be back on your site by 7:00 AM or it will not be allowed back into the swap area. You may stay in your vehicle overnight. You may leave the Haydays grounds but you must return by 10:00 PM. After 10:00 PM the gates are closed and there will be no re-entry until the next morning.
5. Guns are not allowed on the event grounds
6. No open fires or charcoal grills allowed. (You are in a dry hayfield)
7. No selling of food or beverages.
8. No tents, pop-ups or sale items are allowed in the fire lane.
9. No pets allowed. Service animals only.
10. Quiet time is 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Loud stereos or radios are not allowed at any time.
11. Fighting and Disorderly conduct are not allowed

Looks like the same rules as usual. No worries brotha!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Yep, same rules they have always had about camping. Should be no change in that from what I have heard for this year.

Some people had asked for them to set-up a camp ground at the new place for everybody to be able to use not just swappers.

D

driftjumper

Nov 29, 2007
www.exconfreeride.com
Looks like the same rules as usual. No worries brotha!

I was going to say I think that's how the rules have always read, as far as no camping.

I'm sure they wouldnt expect everyone to leave their rigs and all their swap stuff in there overnight unattended. That would be a free for all as big as the LA riots.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
or you could sleep in truck or set up a tent on the flatbed trailer. if you got enclosed trailer, its good place to sleep in with all your stuffs in it.

S
Dec 8, 2007
Good deal!

I just saw on the rules where it says "will camping be allowed? NO..."
and the other quote i posted about camping.

That is the same way the rules read last year then, about staying within your swap spot. They haven't been terribly strict on that in the past anyway.

One situation where i am glad i was wrong :)

Premium Features