• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone tried the new Boondocker cold air intake vents

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Any reviews on these? Just ride 3 days in Revy with over the hood snow and constantly had issues with the stock intake vents choking out the sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
My experience has been they stick up a lot further then they should. This means every branch that slides over your hood hits them. I have one that is fairly bent up ( I have taken both off a few times to try and bend back to original shape) as they don't take much to bench and on both vents the frog skin that covers them is ripping off from branches sliding over them. They work awesome, i can't complain about that. However if they could build a set that had a lower profile and didn't get banged up from sticking out so far it would be much better in my opinion. I have about three hundred miles on and I need a new set. They work but your better not bump them on anything or they will crumple like nothing.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
My experience has been they stick up a lot further then they should. This means every branch that slides over your hood hits them. I have one that is fairly bent up ( I have taken both off a few times to try and bend back to original shape) as they don't take much to bench and on both vents the frog skin that covers them is ripping off from branches sliding over them. They work awesome, i can't complain about that. However if they could build a set that had a lower profile and didn't get banged up from sticking out so far it would be much better in my opinion. I have about three hundred miles on and I need a new set. They work but your better not bump them on anything or they will crumple like nothing.

They definitely work.

Not super strong for sure.

I left my stock intakes (and fire and ice intakes) intact underneath.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I would also use something to seal them to the body when you install. They fit pretty tight in stock form but any small gaps and you’ll get snow dust through the gaps and freezing over your stock intake vents on the super deep days.

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I would also use something to seal them to the body when you install. They fit pretty tight in stock form but any small gaps and you’ll get snow dust through the gaps and freezing over your stock intake vents on the super deep days.
On those days, remove the stock vents.
Or leave them out.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Where r u trimming the hood? Pics?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Premium Features