• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone seen the new Evo from Polaris?

M
Sep 18, 2015
So maybe somebody out there can help me understand something. @indy440 posted the list of parts and it says that the upgraded CDI is part # 3090428. But when I look up the parts fiche for a standard 550 indy I get the part number as being 2415536 and it says that this part number replaced the old part number that was 3090428.

Does anybody know the difference and/or which one I should buy? Does anybody know what in the world this CDI is doing different than the original one? It looks like the original part number for the one that comes on the evo as standard is 4017697. I wonder what makes 4017697 different from 3090428 or even 2415536. Anybody got a clue?
I can only speak to my experience as an Arctic Cat/Suzuki/Beta dealer, but often times part numbers will supersede but stay as the same part. I'm willing to bet that that's the case here too.

F
Jan 3, 2008
Hopefully with Arctic Cat releasing the Blast model it will motivate Polaris to create a true RMK EVO. Seems like the current RMK EVO is more like an SKS crossover model since it is so low to the ground. As mentioned in this post and other posts it would be easy for Polaris to put some longer shocks on it from the factory. To really hit a home run they have to do something about the running boards. They already make a 600 with a 144 track that has the better running boards. So it shouldn't be hard for them to use that tunnel and running board combo on the EVO. Maybe they could offer a belt drive option as a sno-check only option, that would be cool.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
dont buy the new CDI, just disconnect the speed limiter and get the regular indy 550 throttle lever.
Just disconnect the speed limiter? What? There is a speed limiter? Can you help me understand where?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Hopefully with Arctic Cat releasing the Blast model it will motivate Polaris to create a true RMK EVO. Seems like the current RMK EVO is more like an SKS crossover model since it is so low to the ground. As mentioned in this post and other posts it would be easy for Polaris to put some longer shocks on it from the factory. To really hit a home run they have to do something about the running boards. They already make a 600 with a 144 track that has the better running boards. So it shouldn't be hard for them to use that tunnel and running board combo on the EVO. Maybe they could offer a belt drive option as a sno-check only option, that would be cool.
While I totally agree that this would be really awesome for us, the consumer, if I put myself in the shoes of the Polaris CEO, I might actually enjoy not competing directly head to head with the blast. Let the blast have its high end performance market, and I will take the more price sensitive customer.

That's just a bummer for us as a consumer because I like the basis of the Polaris chassis so much more as a starting point. Oh well.

F
Jan 3, 2008
This youtube video also shows you how to unhook the speed limiter. If you read the comments though one guy said it didn't work for the RMK version and actually made it worse.

Last edited:

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
This youtube video also shows you how to unhook the speed limiter. If you read the comments though one guy said it didn't work for the RMK version and actually made it worse.

But the dude making the video is doing it with an RMK version?

Premium Features