• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone had a Tmotion failure due to the aftermarket "lock out" spacers / bushings?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
After riding 6 years on the XM/G4 chassis, I decided I wanted to try a lock out kit this year and see how I like it. I have noticed several of the aftermarket company's websites have a disclaimer of "they are no responsible for the added stress on the other skid components due to their lockout kit." Is there a history of problems? I'm not willing to sacrifice the structural integrity of anything in the skid to try this out.

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
Sound like more junk put out by aftermarket companies to me. I have been riding for a long time and I see it time and time again aftermarket companies putting out substandard products. Even worse some will tell you it’s the best thing since sliced bread knowing it has problems or flat out doesn’t work just to make a buck. Then you get some riders out there that don’t want to admit they just spent all that money for something that doesn’t work. Then they tell you it works great. Sorry for the rant but this kind of stuff makes me mad.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
J-Dog is on it, lots of stuff for sale out there looking for a problem. And look at some of the idiot ski designs, non-functioning bumpers/grab handles, junk a-arms, bags, cable scratchers, running board mods, etc., over the years just trying to separate you from your money. Mountain sledders love mods, but stock sleds are so capable now that learning how to ride them better should come before 90% of most mods.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Imo there is nothing wrong with the lockout. Its the stock part that cannot take it.
Ive seen those rear arms break without them being locked out.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
If this is true we will refund your purchase. No one has reported an issue back to us and we have sold over 1,000 sets of them, but we are always open to feedback.

Im wondering, Is ZRP willing to make a non offset rear pivot as a option?
I loved my lockout but the product I used (not yours)was too stiff for the rear pivot.

Skinz is to pricey and Im looking for a lockout kit to bridge the gap. Im unsure is the offset will work properly with my aftermarket shock calibration so Id prefer a beefier stock geometry ZRP pivot.

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Im wondering, Is ZRP willing to make a non offset rear pivot as a option?
I loved my lockout but the product I used (not yours)was too stiff for the rear pivot.

Skinz is to pricey and Im looking for a lockout kit to bridge the gap. Im unsure is the offset will work properly with my aftermarket shock calibration so Id prefer a beefier stock geometry ZRP pivot.

Short answer is maybe. Part of the problem is the whole suspension is designed to flex, not just at the t-motion piviot.
But it is something we would like to do

B
Jun 28, 2011
If this is true we will refund your purchase. No one has reported an issue back to us and we have sold over 1,000 sets of them, but we are always open to feedback.

Really appreciate this but I just got the Zmotion to install with the lockout.

I already had a Munster rail brace so didn't buy the brace but I see that if I put the bolt back 3/4" it will land almost on the edge of the first window in the rails...do I have to drill trough the brace and use a longer bolt ? Do you have experienced this with a 175 ? If you have a longer bolt in your brace/zmotion I would be willing to buy one.

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Really appreciate this but I just got the Zmotion to install with the lockout.

I already had a Munster rail brace so didn't buy the brace but I see that if I put the bolt back 3/4" it will land almost on the edge of the first window in the rails...do I have to drill trough the brace and use a longer bolt ? Do you have experienced this with a 175 ? If you have a longer bolt in your brace/zmotion I would be willing to buy one.

Yeah our rail brace is purpose built to work with our zmotion and the stock bolt. It's hard to impossible to find 16" long bolts unfortunately. We sell the Gen 4 as a kit with the brace and that is how we recommend to use the zmotion on the Gen 4

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Short answer is maybe. Part of the problem is the whole suspension is designed to flex, not just at the t-motion piviot.
But it is something we would like to do

Yep it is all designed to flex, but I really liked my sled better with the rear locked out. Can you possibly make one for me? Thats a direct stock pivot replacement, In black please??

Even the stock piece with the tmotion in, has broken in the past.

Ive been looking at your product for years but I do not want the offset, just because of the shocks I run.

It will also help the guys who run different rail brace as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I broke my Munster equipped Freeride last year after about 600? miles. I spent a lot of time on the lake last year screwing around, seeing how many miles I could ride on one ski, it must have put a lot of side load on the bracket. I bought Z-Broz fro my sleds this year. In the past I tried Skinz and ZRP, the Skinz wore out in one ride, the ZRP wore out much slower.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The lockout should be factory, or an option from Doo, like in the Expert package. That much torque on a 1.5" wide bracket is asking for trouble in my opinion. Maybe if you ride deep all the time, but anything else it going to cause damage. When i replace my broken rear pivot arm I made long washers to reinforce the part to get it through the year. If someone were to weld them in they could get away with it long term, until the bolt broke. So....I have two lightly used Munsters if anyone is interested. $40 for both shipped US. :)

T
Oct 1, 2020
I’ve seen a few pictures with similar breaks and it sounds like a pretty common problem with the tmo lockouts. Has anyone tried this kit by Mainway Solutions? I’ve got one on order so hopefully it solves that problem. I bought the Grip and Rip lockout washers and plan to add this.

16C582B2-07BF-4E35-A505-FD10EBFBF166.jpeg

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
If you are locking out the T-mo, it has to be done with a brace kit. Locking the heim just puts too much stress on the factory parts. The Zbroz kit is the way to go, no failures for me last year. It looks like ZRP now has one cloned from Zbroz now. From the pics on the website, not near as nice/refined, and $50 more.

Premium Features