• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handlebar bag

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Spring is here so I'm gathering up stuff when it comes in stock rather than wait until next season when everything is sold out again. I'm seeing several handlebar bags out there, Sled Solutions, Polaris etc. Seeing how Polaris would let you configure a double bag on the AXIS but only a Goggle bag for the RMK Matrix has me wondering which one to get. Any recommendations with link? (I went with a 7in height pro taper bar on a 23 Boost.)

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Ive been thinking the same thing. I haven’t put a ton of time looking. Everything I have seen seems to be last year’s product. I don’t have an answer to your question but interested also, I’m looking for a similar
Bag, except I’ve got medium bars thinking of going small or CFR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Poo's accessories site suxs for compatibilities - there's been some updates, but some are still missing. Their engineers just didn't seem to have the time to differentiate the Matryx trail bars and new switch console from RMK/Pro Taper bars/console, so they skipped most/all of the compatibility. Will get better this year.

The issue with many Axys bar bags is the collision with the relocated Matryx switch console - not as much of an issue with any of the RMK Pro Taper bars. I've not seen a collision with the 7S on any Poo pro taper bar bags. I ran an Axys pro taper bar bag they no longer offer that is similar to the 2882823 that they market now - just deeper, and with no front bag. Works perfectly with the 7S. No rub with the switch console (low pro t's), but you do need some muscle memory, since the switches cannot really be seen with the low Pro Tapers. There is lots of room for a front bag on any Matryx RMK sled - both visually and without collision with the 7S. With Skinz out of the game, the options are more limited. Didn't both Adams and Burandt run these Skinz bags with both front and rear compartments on their Matryxs?

Last edited:

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Poo's accessories site suxs for compatibilities - there's been some updates, but some are still missing. Their engineers just didn't seem to have the time to differentiate the Matryx trail bars and new switch console from RMK/Pro Taper bars/console, so they skipped most/all of the compatibility. Will get better this year.

The issue with many Axys bar bags is the collision with the relocated Matryx switch console - not as much of an issue with any of the RMK Pro Taper bars. I've not seen a collision with the 7S on any Poo pro taper bar bags. I ran an Axys pro taper bar bag they no longer offer that is similar to the 2882823 that they market now - just deeper, and with no front bag. Works perfectly with the 7S. No rub with the switch console, but you do need some muscle memory, since the switches cannot really be seen with the low Pro Tapers. There is lots of room for a front bag on any Matryx RMK sled - both visually and without collision with the 7S. With Skinz out of the game, the options are more limited. Didn't both Adams and Burandt run these Skinz bags with both front and rear compartments on their Matryxs?
I think Burandt ran the Polaris bag and Sled Solutions both. I wouldn't mind blowing $300 plus on a dual bag so long as it's transferrable to the next sled....and access proof to those little black feathered rat thieves in West Yellowstone people call Ravens.

R
Sep 30, 2021
Washington
I am running the Skinz bag on low bars on my Matryx. They do cover the swtiches on the console and are little in the way of the gas cap depending on how you fill the tank. They don't interfere with the 7s but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who sits down. I know they are not making the Skinz anymore but hopefully that gives you an idea of what might work.

As far as the 7in bars I am sure you have been told and will hear it again but there are a lot of people recommending lower with the Matryx chassis. I know a couple of people who fought the idea at first but are glad they listened now.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Skinz nxt lvl handle bar bag work and don't cost 300

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I use a nice one, it’s Polaris. I’ll send a pic. I’ve used this model for many years. It’s Polaris and I run it on my Cat. Haha I bought 2 cuz I thought they might stop making them. But it’s not for sale haha

Last edited:

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
The sled solutions set up is awesome on my matryx. I will say the front spot to carry spare goggles is way to small for modern riding goggles, but I keep a pair of sunglasses in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The sled solutions set up is awesome on my matryx. I will say the front spot to carry spare goggles is way to small for modern riding goggles, but I keep a pair of sunglasses in there.

The sled solutions is a nice bag!

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I am running the Skinz bag on low bars on my Matryx. They do cover the swtiches on the console and are little in the way of the gas cap depending on how you fill the tank. They don't interfere with the 7s but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who sits down. I know they are not making the Skinz anymore but hopefully that gives you an idea of what might work.

As far as the 7in bars I am sure you have been told and will hear it again but there are a lot of people recommending lower with the Matryx chassis. I know a couple of people who fought the idea at first but are glad they listened now.

I’m 6’7 so the 7in rise is still a little short for me..or maybe perfect.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Wow!, I was looking at this thread on my phone at the doctors office rather than talk to the person next to me that could not stay silent for 20 seconds. Went onto Dennis Kirk and was about to buy one of the 3 remaining skinz black max (Deluxe) bags in stock and the doctor called me in. Just came out and one left. Grabbed it and entered the 10% off code emailed to me from half a dozen other orders this week before anyone else did. Got that sweet long track lift on backorder also. I seen scalpers selling that thing on ebay for $600+

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Company "Z" once made our bags until they DIDN'T and started making them for themselves. Our bags are 100% my designs and are not private labeled for any other person or company. We started the handlebar organized game in 2006 and believe we have the nicest mounting system as it will keep the bags in one place, they do not move around.

We appreciate all those who have supported the original quick disconnect handlebar storage bags. My family truly appreciates it.

2022-03-08 15.45.22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

It's a fine line between making the bag to big and just big enough. Although it takes a little effort I fit the 509 X6 goggle and Aviator 2.0 in my goggle bag.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
It's a fine line between making the bag to big and just big enough. Although it takes a little effort I fit the 509 X6 goggle and Aviator 2.0 in my goggle bag.

That was my initial concern since I have the Aviator 2.0S1. I’m thinking the fishbowl oculus goggles might be a tight fit

Wgold

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2011
Tioga, ND
Wow!, I was looking at this thread on my phone at the doctors office rather than talk to the person next to me that could not stay silent for 20 seconds. Went onto Dennis Kirk and was about to buy one of the 3 remaining skinz black max (Deluxe) bags in stock and the doctor called me in. Just came out and one left. Grabbed it and entered the 10% off code emailed to me from half a dozen other orders this week before anyone else did. Got that sweet long track lift on backorder also. I seen scalpers selling that thing on ebay for $600+
Would you mind sharing your 10% off code?

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Would you mind sharing your 10% off code?
My code was a one time use. The way I got it was I registered, then added a bunch of stuff to my shopping cart and left it for something like 24-48hours and then I got an email reminder that I had a bunch of items in the cart and had a 10% off code for me.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I lot of vendors not just in snow parts have been doing the cart discount thing. It can be pretty cool I have purchase stuff just because of that. It helps push you over the edge on a purchase I have seen 15%+ on some stuff.

Premium Features