• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle bar clamp Torque specc

R
Apr 1, 2018
Not trying to make this too complicated. Looking for proper torque specc for the 4 handlebar clamp bolts
Looking here

Top of the page on the diagram It states 35inch lbs (4 nm)

Then down lower on the same page it states
"Torque the two clamp nuts at top of the handlebar to 11 ft-lbs (15 Nm), followed by the lower two."

So which is it? 35 inch lbs or 11ft lbs (97 inch lbs). That's a pretty wide margin... don't want to snap my clamps.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Here's what I found in the service manuals: '22 Matryx RMK says 9.5 Nm; '21 Matryx Trail says 15 Nm. A few years back I followed the torque spec for the bar mount on my 2012 pro (essentially identical to Matryx setup), the FSM there said 20 Nm. I stripped the bolt and learned better. I never put a torque wrench to bar mounts and controls anymore, and go be feel.

bar-mount-torque-rmk.jpg bar-mount-torque-trail.jpg

R
Apr 1, 2018
I appreciate that. Wow, that's even more random torque values lol. 4nm felt pretty soft to me so I may crank it up a bit to 9.5 and call it a day. Thank you.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here's what I found in the service manuals: '22 Matryx RMK says 9.5 Nm; '21 Matryx Trail says 15 Nm. A few years back I followed the torque spec for the bar mount on my 2012 pro (essentially identical to Matryx setup), the FSM there said 20 Nm. I stripped the bolt and learned better. I never put a torque wrench to bar mounts and controls anymore, and go be feel.

View attachment 410111 View attachment 410112
The aluminum clamps, steel bolts, aluminum threaded riser on trail sleds, steel nyloc nuts on mtn all have varying amounts of micro seizure as you tighten them. Any corrosion throws a wrench in there also.

I carry spare bolts, nuts and tighten until the bars move under a crash but not a standard bail / rollover / full send.

IMG_9788.jpeg

Premium Features