• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handelbar riser for 99 RMK 700

H
Jan 3, 2015
Hey guys new member here, love the site and all of the info available from you guys. Does anyone know how tall of a handlebar riser I can put on my sled before I need to buy new cables. I'm not looking to go too crazy with the extension, just as much as possible for a little more comfortable ride. Sled is a 1999 RMK 700. Thanks

Last edited:

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I think a 2" is about it without buying cables and splicing extra length into electrical. If you do go higher without extending cables make sure the throttle cable doesn't get tightened when you turn the handlebars all the way to one side. It can give you some unexpected power when you don't want it. :face-icon-small-sho

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
Your going to notice that the steering post is going to flex if you don't reinforce it. Slp sells a upper bushing. Help my sled out a bunch. Also you might have to extend the throttle cable. It'll be close with 3 inch. The brake line can be gently bent back to make work. Risers make a world of difference.

Premium Features