• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hand warmer resistors

A
Nov 20, 2012
My 2016 SKS has 1 hand warmer working, when I switch hand warmer plugs by the steering post the other warmer works fine. I'm thinking one of the resistors has failed.
Where are the resistors located? I assume they are in one of the "bags" that cover wire connections, just not sure which location.
Are they replacable? I cant seem to find them on a parts list, a part # would be awesome.
Thanks.

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
I assume you mean fuse. There is no fuse for the grip heater, only a relay. The Shed relay controls power to the grips and thumb warmer.
Since you have power to one grip, and thumb? I would say your grip heater has failed, or wire to the grip heater is broke.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I assume you mean fuse. There is no fuse for the grip heater, only a relay. The Shed relay controls power to the grips and thumb warmer.
Since you have power to one grip, and thumb? I would say your grip heater has failed, or wire to the grip heater is broke.

OP has heat from both heaters when switching plugs.

I’m thinking the machine side of the wiring would be a good place to look.
Corrosion in the plug?
Wire rubbed through?
Short to ground?

Premium Features