• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Halfway

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Hello! Anyone ride the Halfway area this weekend? We are headed there tomorrow for the Annual Ladies Ride and just wondered what the conditions are like. We had one report that the trail up was horrible, it was muddy in the parking lot but the snow up top was good? Any other input?

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
It's snowed 2' in the mountains around McCall since last Friday's so I would guess you will have good snow up high at halfway.

Have fun!

S
Feb 14, 2010
Definetely spring riding conditions. New snow up high. We rode Monday a few miles from halfway. Our snow park was muddy but the groomed trails were perfect. Supose to be cold and clear. You can Facebook Panhandle snowmobile club. For more info. Curt

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
I was up there this past weekend and it did rain in town and at the parking lot. Once we got up to about 6500-7000' it had turned to snow. The major rain even they had up there around the 10th was still hanging around as you could feel the ice layer under about 12-15" of powder. We left Sunday and it has continued to snow up high so I;m sure you're bound to find some goodies up there! Be safe, with all the new snow and the ice layer things were breaking off everywhere.

G
Dec 23, 2009
Gig Harbor WA
I was up there all last week from Thursday to Sunday. Lots of untracked. Snow was better in the trees but plenty of good stuff. We stayed at Cornucopia Lodge. That place is awesome and they sell ethanol free super and will serve you lunch pretty sweet.

Premium Features