• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Halfway Conditions?

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Hey Mike, How ya doing. This is Neal. You know. The guy that bought your toasted 440 that Kozak claimed was his, and was in perfect condition. So what kind of sled are you riding these days? I just bought a fixer upper RMK 800 x 156 that was previously owned by 2 owners who could not fix or maintain anything. Plus the last guy hit something with it. So I have minimal investment in a powder sled, just in case we have another crappy year. Which we do in spades. I went out once already when we had a dump down to 2500 feet, to test out the sled. It seemed to work fine but when I got home, I found out the bearing on the front sprocket, had disintegrated with loose bearings and broken confining rings, and a displacement to the rear of about 3/16", which had sheared of the square pin that runs the speedometer.

As far as Halfway, they Shneider snotel north of Halfway at 5400 feet, has 47 inches today. Which is the best in the State. McCall is only about an hour further and they have 55 inches of snow for the same elevation. Mt. Adams should have got 6 inches of new on Sunday night or Monday, above 6000 feet. You will probably have a lot of picking around the rocks up there. Let me know if you need somebody to tow you out. I know Mt. Adams like the back of my hand and know how to drive right to the snow. There is no snow at any of the snowparks on the mountain. nvburgstahler@gmail.com

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
Neal! How the heck are you? I haven't talked to you in probably about a decade? Riding a 2014 Pro these days. Over here in C.O. right now. Was going to go riding today but was up at Dutchman yesterday and it was looking pretty poor. I am sure the high country was much better but I am tired of crap snow- which is really all we have had this year.

I don't remember selling you a 440? My 96 got totaled, my 97 was sold to Kurt Calkins, my 2000 was sold to some guy in Tri Cities I think, and my '01 Sno Pro to some dude I didn't know. That is all of my 440's I think? I haven't talked to Kyle since the beginning of '05. We had a falling out of sorts. He has had a lot of issues.........mostly regarding tax evasion, etc.... Do you talk to him any more?

If we get some snow this year I will call you for an Adams ride for sure! Thanks for the snow update.

You still hunting Bigfoot?

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Mike, Sorry about the mix up with the sleds. KK sold me his sled then that had 2 squeaked pistons and cylinder head damage, damage from a previously collapsed rear suspension, and front shocks that were not installed properly and required rebuilding. All that for full price. I don't talk to KK anymore since he appears to be obsessed with enriching himself with frivolous lawsuits. He seems to alienate everyone that he comes into contact with, eventually. Today, I just dabble in Bigfootery since I took it about as far as I could take it. I like to rip people new *******s on the internet, when they don't know what they are talking about. I also collect audio recordings and have a pretty good collection, including probably the clearest male ever recorded, and a female singing one note operatic style. Still plenty of snow in Halfway and McCall.

G
Dec 23, 2009
Gig Harbor WA
I am heading to halfway this Thursday and would be interested in a updated snow report from anyone that has been up there lately. Is there any snow in the snow parks. Have the trails been groomed. Is it all ice. I will be staying at cornucopia lodge. thanks

Premium Features