• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Group of 10 riders looking for riding area advice

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I already posted below for Strawberry Bay , Fairview. We are riding Friday / Saturday / Sunday. Since my post there are 6 more riders coming.
4 experienced rider. 2 new riders who ride quads and jetski and couple teen riders just learning to side hill.
We will get 2 or 3 separate rooms at least to satisfy EVERYBODY. Light on at night , radio , night owls , early risers etc.

Im thinking the less experienced hang out in the valleys/bowls and experienced ride the hills around.

Can Fairview accomodate this skill set of riders? Where would you stay for Fairview? Nephi , Provo , Ephraim?

Can Strawberry BAy accomodate this skill set of riders? Where stay … Heber City , Strawberry Bay, Provo?
How bout Strawberry Bay / Daniels Summit? I figure with the Bay there might be enough powder to ride on the Lake? Who has rode the trail from the Strawberry Bay to Skyline? Does fuel become an issue? Strawberry Bay trils to Skyline

One of the riders have family going to college ,near PROVO(and doesn't snowmobile) . They are traveling separate and going to visit Provo.

Where can you ride from the hotel? Strawberry Bay , Daniels Summit … further north? Anywhere near Heber City?
I am getting feedback from the group the new snow starts north of Skyline but may go more south this week.

Last edited:
K
Dec 20, 2007
S.L.C/
I already posted below for Strawberry Bay , Fairview. We are riding Friday / Saturday / Sunday. Since my post there are 6 more riders coming.
4 experienced rider. 2 new riders who ride quads and jetski and couple teen riders just learning to side hill.
We will get 2 or 3 separate rooms at least to satisfy EVERYBODY. Light on at night , radio , night owls , early risers etc.

Im thinking the less experienced hang out in the valleys/bowls and experienced ride the hills around.

Can Fairview accomodate this skill set of riders? Where would you stay for Fairview? Nephi , Provo , Ephraim?

Can Strawberry BAy accomodate this skill set of riders? Where stay … Heber City , Strawberry Bay, Provo?
How bout Strawberry Bay / Daniels Summit? I figure with the Bay there might be enough powder to ride on the Lake? Who has rode the trail from the Strawberry Bay to Skyline? Does fuel become an issue? Strawberry Bay trils to Skyline

One of the riders have family going to college ,near PROVO(and doesn't snowmobile) . They are traveling separate and going to visit Provo.

Where can you ride from the hotel? Strawberry Bay , Daniels Summit … further north? Anywhere near Heber City?
I am getting feedback from the group the new snow starts north of Skyline but may go more south this week.
Hey Don , don’t know if you remember me from Westcoastsledders back in the day , but I live in Salt Lake now and I can give you a lot of information to accommodate your group, I can also point you in the right direction if you need a rentals . Feel free to give me a call 530-314-0147 . Kevin bauer

D
Mar 13, 2014

Daniel Summit you can ride right from the hotel and would be a great option for all the riders. Problem is they have about 35" of snow, the Uinta's have 60 plus.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey Don , don’t know if you remember me from Westcoastsledders back in the day , but I live in Salt Lake now and I can give you a lot of information to accommodate your group, I can also point you in the right direction if you need a rentals . Feel free to give me a call 530-314-0147 . Kevin bauer

I will give you a call thank you.

Don

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Thank you do much for helping us find great places to ride. I owe you some triangle files for square cutter filing !!!!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Round 2 heading back to Daniels Summit ... Satellite shows snow good and more next weekend?

Premium Features