• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gripper Install with Dura Pros...

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Struggling with installing Grippers with the Dura Pros on my 18...

...any pointers or words of wisdom? Pulling my hair out...

Ace

A
Nov 24, 2019
What part are you struggling with? I was thinkig of going with that same sep up on my 18 and am intrested to hear what needs to be done to install them

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
It's a tight fit with the Dura Pros... I'm having problems getting the bolt through the spacer on the spindle.... don't want to wail on the bolt to drive it through...

Ace

S

sledin

Nov 27, 2007
san jose CA
It's a tight fit with the Dura Pros... I'm having problems getting the bolt through the spacer on the spindle.... don't want to wail on the bolt to drive it through...

Ace
Make sure sled is on the ground so weight of sled helps.. Lift up on inside of ski while pushing bolt thru.Two people makes it easier

A
Did you make sure you purchased the durapro made for the gripper ski on skidoo spindle? If you have the correct one, insert the bolt on the outside and start it into the ski. then pull up on the inside of the ski while tapping the bolt with a mallet

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Get one end started with the bolt through then use a bar clamp like you can find at home depot or Harbor Freight to align the other side.
1576685020464.png

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
I just put the weight of the sled on the ski and it was enough to get the bolt through using a light tap with a rubber mallet, this is with the stock skis though.

Northfire

Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2015
Just installed Durapros in a cold garage and tried putting all weight on inside of ski and clamps with no luck. Poured boiling water on it to soften rubber and it installed easily.

Premium Features