• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grip VS throttle heater setting

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Coming off the skidoos, I know you can have the dealer program the throttle heater up or down compared to the grips ...

Can you do the same on the axys ?

The Munster finger throttle is great, but it just doesn't heat up and my grips are constantly burning my hands (literally can't run them on high for more than 30 seconds!)

I was going to just wrap my grip heaters with some tape to tone them down a bit but thought id ask if anyone has any better way of changing the grip to throttle heat ratio !

Haha I am in exactly the same boat, my heaters will literally burned the crap out of my hands. That little baby heater on the Munster finger throttle barely puts out anything, so having on grips high is sometimes needed.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
I changed bars over the weekend
Had corks under the heaters on my last setup ..

On the new bars I used one layer of gorilla tape instead of corks, and wrapped electrical tape over the heating elements... This has tamed them down enough where I can run low heat all day and a blast of high heat without setting my gloves on fire !

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Didn't RSI used to make a control relocation that would separate the two systems, thumb and handwarmer? I may be old fashioned but I still would prefer controls on the handlebars...

Premium Features