• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Greg Painter aka Doc Zoom Passed away

M

misslebait

Jan 15, 2008
Doc Zoom/Greg Painter one of the pioneers of Filming snowmobiles in the backcountry passed away saturday after a battle with lung cancer. If you have ever watched a mountain mod mania movie you saw gregs work. He will be missed! God speed Doc!

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Rode and filmed with him many times on most of the Mountain Mod videos with the BC segments, always a good time and an adventure. Met a lot of great people doing that. RIP Greg.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
That's too bad. Always looked forward to his DVD's. He might have filmed the most memorable climb in snowmobile history...the first sleds up Terminal Cancer.

That was me and 2 of my buddies. So sad to hear. I haven't talked to him in years and now, that comes as a heavy regret. He will be missed, but I choose to remember the good times as Greg and I had a bunch of them.???

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
That was me and 2 of my buddies. So sad to hear. I haven't talked to him in years and now, that comes as a heavy regret. He will be missed, but I choose to remember the good times as Greg and I had a bunch of them.???

Impressive, hats off to you and crew.

I hit the Ruby's at least once every season and make sure to stop on the road up to let the group I'm with, what they just almost drove by. That sliver in the rocks way up there..."a few sleds went up that". Greg captured it on film or I'm sure no one would believe me.

Premium Features