• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grand Rapids/ Big fork

SnowBaller

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Grand Forks, ND
A group of 7 of us were in Grand Rapids this past weekend. The snow was pretty good considering the lack of snow fall in the past month or so. Saturday we went north out of GR, and sunday northeast. Both days the snow got better the further north we went. we rode 300 miles on the weekend.

D
Dec 11, 2007
Jackson, Wy
Heading up to the area this coming weeked.... Anyone know or ridden up there latley???? thanks
If you can, put a post up on here when you get back from there. I may be headed back that way for a "visit", would be interested in finding out if there is enough snow to bother bringing a sled with.

Much appreciated, Dino

D
Nov 28, 2007
Grand Rapids Area

There is snow and they are grooming. We have not had snow for awhile. This causing ice in the corners and bare spots along the way. Trails are much better going north of town. I have rode as far south as Hill City. The conditions just get worse as you go south. The area is very rideable! Have fun, and watch out for deer!

A
Dec 13, 2007
St. Francis MN
Talked to some guys i'm meeting up there and they said, They rode a 160 mile on monday and only had about 1 mile of bad trail... They rode from Big Fork to Ely... Today there riding from ely to International Falls... I keep you up to date... and i'll let you know when i get back on Sunday

A
Dec 13, 2007
St. Francis MN
Rode all day on sat, North of Grand Rapids. Big fork area... and i have to say the Trails were Great.... I was Really worried about if there was going to be enough snow for the M8 but I never had a problem... There were some logging roads that were still bing logged and those were the only bad parts...

grand rapids local

i live in rapids and i dont think the trails are good at all, i havent been riding them because there dirt and ice. if you go off the trails you can have some fun but on the trails the sleds are gettin hot cuz of the lack of snow. we just had the groomers out in the greenway trails and it didnt do much. im going to the north shore ridding this weekend. up by Ealy has more snow then us also.

Premium Features