• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gps

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Garmin 530 hcx

Garmin 530 hcx here. Love it! Sure nice to be able to locate your riding partners when they leave the group. Even if they do not key the mike, you can "poll their location" and it will show you where they are on the map. Then its easy to find them. I would think that would also be a great feature when someone gets separated from the group and gets hurt/trapped and can not radio for help, or key the mike to send their location.

Cheers!

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
Anyone using the Garmin Legend H Handheld GPS Navigator? I have seen them for around $120. Seems like a good one for someone that doesn't want to spend a lot on one. It's pretty basic, but I think it would do what I need it to.:confused:

B

Big Bad Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 28, 2009
Hub sports in Abbotsford sells the US ones it is the only one to get! 2 watts versus 5 watts.

S
Mar 16, 2008
Idaho
I've been using the Garmin eTrex Vista HCx for several years now. Started with the City Navigator and Topo US (1:100,000) software and upgraded to the Topo US (1:24000) software within the last 8-9 months. Much better map detail and this software is routeable like the City Navigator. GPS works great (I carry mine in my pocket and it tracks like a charm) but the screen size is a little small.

Last edited:
Premium Features