• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GoPro Editing Software

F
Nov 20, 2012
I use Final Cut Pro.

Final Cut Pro is awesome if you have a Mac. Otherwise I would recommend Adobe Premier and After effects, it's kind of a pain to use both but they import into each other. You can use Premier to edit the video and get it in the order you want and then you can get all the filters and effects in After Effects. They are all a little pricey but if you are ok going into the grey area there is definetly free downloads out there... :yo:

H
Nov 24, 2012
gopro editing

I just compressed my gopro vids, (mp4), into WMV and use windows movie maker. just look around online and a converter is free to download.

A
Aug 31, 2010
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

Me and my dad use Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 but that might be to expensive compared to what you are looking for. The is no lack of features with this program but it is a little expensive. It's amazing but make sure your computer can run it before getting it.

skidooking

Lifetime Membership
Apr 8, 2011
I use Wondershare, it is excellent. I also have a Contour HD and convert and edit it as well on wondershare.

N

nfinit100

Oct 1, 2015
Northern CO
Just wondering what the GoPro users on here are using for editing software?

Im new to all this camera biz, but pretty decent on a computer so hopefully ill manage.

many of the above work great. GoPro Studio is an ok editor and simple to use. Mine crashes a lot when too many files are uploaded, it's free. Adobe Premiere Elements is a good entry level paid software at about $99 and Adobe Premiere Pro CC is an even better professional platform but it's a difficult and robust software to learn. Adobe has also shifted to a monthly pay scheme if you want continuous updates. I am still on their older version of CS6...too expensive to upgrade. But videos are fun for the days you aren't out playing.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I have been using (Corel) Pinnacle software since around 2000.
Today I use Pinnacle studio 17 ultimate

Everything is drag and drop and the ability to convert just about any type of video file to another video file regardless of extension or size. Even can strip the video track off and just make an audio.

Latest Pinnacle Studio 19 Ultimate
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/publicsite/us/products/studio/ultimate/
they also give you opportunity to upgrade to new packages with existing software for around $40 bones.

Software comes with video tutorials that load into your pc when you install and there are some most excellent video tutorials on youtube.

this one here... has 4 different video tracks going so you can drag and drop to your video creation pane and grab scenes from any of the 4 cameras in use.
Super easy to use, just like any software, takes a little time/effort to actually sit down and use the dang thing. If you go away from it for a long time and start to use it again - it will all come back to you quickly.
overview-feature-ultimate.png

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Mac+Final Cut Pro=Amazing Videos! For a low low price of ~$2500! Unless you know a cool guy like me... :face-icon-small-hap
I've been using iMovie since about the original version but it does make nice movies. Yes when nuying a mac your paying for the best looking hardware on the planet and a ton of software bundled with it. I mean what ither computer comes with multi track recording software right out of the box? Ie garage band. The os is the biggest plus.
Yeah, but as soon as you bought a mac... you've paid enough to buy a FEW other editing programs!!!:face-icon-small-win

Imovie is pretty sweet though.

Windows movie maker is already on your computer for free also, I take it that's not an option?

Premium Features