• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gloved with REMOVABLE inserts

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Well time to get new gloves. Because of my location none to find locally so off to the internet. Like gloves with removable insulation also called inserts or inners. For me sewn in insulation often pulls inside out on one of the fingers and a hassle to fix. I can change the insulation weight of the inners to meet the temperature conditions. In California typical day its in the 20's in the morning shade and 40's in middle day. Wet gloves and change out inserts. Do you know of a glove with removable insulation? I typically end up with an ice climbing glove, or expedition glove, brands like Black Diamond and Marmot , OR. Would like to buy in the sled industry ... does anyone make a glove with removable inserts? I like these so far. https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/ski-gloves/guide-BD801516_cfg.html

C
Nov 29, 2008
Removable lines plain suck ...moment hands get wet or sweat they are a bitch to get back on. Better investing in multiple gloves ...set for ride in / light set for playing / warm set for ride out

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Removable lines plain suck ...moment hands get wet or sweat they are a bitch to get back on. Better investing in multiple gloves ...set for ride in / light set for playing / warm set for ride out

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
I carry multiple liners (2 pairs with different thickness) and switch out like a set of iced up goggles

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
The outer shells I use are OR and Marmot are made of nylon with leather on the outside. If marmot made the shells I bought Id buy them again. Some proprietary 4 way stretch fabric, fiberglass kevlar on knuckles , double goat skin palm / fingers

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
I've been using the BD Guide Gloves for years. For me its been a great glove that I use primarily on the trail ride in and out. Hands stay warm and never get wet. The liner has never been an issue for me. Not once has it felt bunched up or like it was pulling out of the glove.

Premium Features