• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Global warming - fixed!

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
If you cared about me you would help me open my mind. You just keep talking about theories that have been debunked over and over. Earth will heal itself, we all know this, but do you understand that timeline? I gave you resources to discover that. So fill me in on what I'm missing please. I learn from students all the time but the ones who protest the lesson or the teachers completely are usually just lazy and want to get back to not giving a damn about anything but those dollars and cents. So try harder.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Its really interesting to stand back and watch people argue about this topic. There is one extreme saying that if we don't do something the science is telling us the planet will become unlivable and we will all die off. The other extreme is saying that its not real and the only the strong will survive and adapt and will thrive. The truly ironic part about this whole thing is that the side that is arguing that the strong will adapt and thrive are relying on the same science that they are arguing against in the first place to adapt. That is how a society adapts is by using science to predict the outcome of something and how we can change that outcome whether it be in a lab of out in the real world by trying new things to change the outcome. Once again the extremes on both sides are arguing for their piece in the middle. The truth is in the middle somewhere. Things are changing whether you believe it or not. That is what the ultimate truth is. Climate change is real and ultimately will present itself as so. The real issue is how fast it will change not if.

S
Jan 21, 2014
Minnesota
Its really interesting to stand back and watch people argue about this topic. There is one extreme saying that if we don't do something the science is telling us the planet will become unlivable and we will all die off. The other extreme is saying that its not real and the only the strong will survive and adapt and will thrive. The truly ironic part about this whole thing is that the side that is arguing that the strong will adapt and thrive are relying on the same science that they are arguing against in the first place to adapt. That is how a society adapts is by using science to predict the outcome of something and how we can change that outcome whether it be in a lab of out in the real world by trying new things to change the outcome. Once again the extremes on both sides are arguing for their piece in the middle. The truth is in the middle somewhere. Things are changing whether you believe it or not. That is what the ultimate truth is. Climate change is real and ultimately will present itself as so. The real issue is how fast it will change not if.
I'm sure all animals and plants have used science to adapt. Is there a right answer and will any of us ever know what the right answer was. Like I said In the beginning you do what makes you happy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
I'm sure all animals and plants have used science to adapt. Is there a right answer and will any of us ever know what the right answer was. Like I said In the beginning you do what makes you happy.

And there is that selfishness.....

You said you would leave the discussion but you keep coming back. Admit you don't care and you can't convince others here to join you in not caring. There is no victory in being pessimistic about people trying to fix a problem. It is a bystander point of view so just keep driving by while people who care do the work to save lives.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
If you cared about me you would help me open my mind. You just keep talking about theories that have been debunked over and over. Earth will heal itself, we all know this, but do you understand that timeline? I gave you resources to discover that. So fill me in on what I'm missing please. I learn from students all the time but the ones who protest the lesson or the teachers completely are usually just lazy and want to get back to not giving a damn about anything but those dollars and cents. So try harder.
Looking for a hand out again I see , not sure how you can learn from students when your suppose to be a teacher .

If you treat these students the way you treat people here you should be wrote up and terminated , students are to be taught with an open mind and you obviously don't have that .

Your fired

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
You are correct, the climate is always changing.
It always has been. Climate change did not start when mankind started using fossil fuels.
The climate will continue to change and cycle whether we drive Hummers or Teslas.
It's very arrogant to believe that we can alter the course of the earth to the extent that some of you are babbling about.
Foolishness, utter foolishness.

S
Jan 21, 2014
Minnesota
And there is that selfishness.....

You said you would leave the discussion but you keep coming back. Admit you don't care and you can't convince others here to join you in not caring. There is no victory in being pessimistic about people trying to fix a problem. It is a bystander point of view so just keep driving by while people who care do the work to save lives.
I said I was done with you but you keep butting into other conversations like it's all about you.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
I think he is a Catholic. Doesn't matter to me. I don't worship him or any politician. You Trumptards can't grasp that. My peers are scientists and health care workers not law makers and CEOs. I don't worship money and power like you guys. Well I do worship power when it comes to my snowmobiles, dirt bikes, rally car, etc but that is more the torque from forced induction and properly designed engines. Burning gas and planting trees while y'all can barely make it out of the parking lot without blowing a belt. Ham fisted riders like you guys get stuck all day.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Catholic, some have used that religion to kill for centuries for thier beliefs , good choice Biden .

You really are lost , where do you think your science comes from? people asking a question? Do those magically appear on a chalk board? AI isn't quite there yet for the minions to follow. Where do you think you have a right to dictate what people can and can't do ? You obviously have that problem because if the conversation isn't to your liking you fall back to your childish insults .

So your saying 70- 80 million people worship Trump ? That tops any conspiracy theory I've heard .

Your health care workers can only do so much and just like your media the ones that do speak up are silenced .

Do you really understand what oboma/biden care is about ? A revolving door .

If you actually had a physician that does not want to see you unless your on your death bed you would know this .

Getting into your vehicle to go get tested for not having any symptoms has got to be the biggest white supremacy move since the Nazi's mastered the blitz ya fool .

Biden and those that have his beliefs will always have the best of your life .

Try being self employed , you'll be the CEO , CFO , COO and IT . You can't even respect another persons belief so I doubt you'd be very successful at it . The price of freedom isn't cheap but when your standing there with your hand out pandering you'll never see that .

You must really like having these conversations by the looks of your name calling and when it doesn't suite you you just wonder off to something else .

Your fired

Your sledding insults have to stop , she even thinks thier childish .

IMG_20200308_152825426.jpg

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Tell me more. I'm learning so much. I never realized how the system is just here to defeat me. I can escape that system by starting my own business, not paying taxes, and not trusting anyone? Are there any books I can read to find out how to open my mind and how to escape the matrix? Is Trump not part of the lizard people? He kinda seems like he is?

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Tell me more. I'm learning so much. I never realized how the system is just here to defeat me. I can escape that system by starting my own business, not paying taxes, and not trusting anyone? Are there any books I can read to find out how to open my mind and how to escape the matrix? Is Trump not part of the lizard people? He kinda seems like he is?
Try "the art of the deal" i heard good things about it

J
Jan 15, 2010
It always has been. Climate change did not start when mankind started using fossil fuels.
The climate will continue to change and cycle whether we drive Hummers or Teslas.
It's very arrogant to believe that we can alter the course of the earth to the extent that some of you are babbling about.
No mafesto, it’s very arrogant to assert that all the science related to this is BS because it’s inconvenient for your own needs and beliefs.

If you are so sure it’s a natural cycle then please clarify how the current level of co2 is higher than it has been for 800,000+ years (verifiable fact) and that the increase has happened on a timeline that directly correlates with humans burning lots of coal and oil...

Also please clarify how past cyclical changes in climate have happened over several millennia while the current changes we are observing are happening over decades...

The evidence that supports both of those items is verifiable and factual. Ice cores and the fossil record are not placed here to test your faith.

I know you won’t clarify either because you can’t but the challenge is in front of you. Again. Bring it.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It is very ignorant to think man can't alter the course of the earth at all. especially since there are countless examples and will be countless more. You are right climate change did not start when man kind started to use fossil fuels. You are also right that is goes in cycles. However the The rate at which its now changing and the direction each cycle takes is the real issue and that can be linked directly to the use of said fossil fuels. You can believe with you want. its like gravity. You can say it doesn't exist but it has a funny way of showing you that you are ultimately wrong.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It is very ignorant to think man can't alter the course of the earth at all. especially since there are countless examples and will be countless more. You are right climate change did not start when man kind started to use fossil fuels. You are also right that is goes in cycles. However the The rate at which its now changing and the direction each cycle takes is the real issue and that can be linked directly to the use of said fossil fuels. You can believe with you want. its like gravity. You can say it doesn't exist but it has a funny way of showing you that you are ultimately wrong.
That's a good response.
You are able to make your point without coming across as a dousche.
Some here lack that ability.
Odds are that none of us are correct in all of our beliefs.
I fully realize some of my opinions will miss the target.
The reason I disrespect some views is because they are propagated to promote political agendas.
The reason I disrespect some of the dousche bags here is because, well because they act like condescending dousche bags.

J
Jan 15, 2010
That's a good response.
You are able to make your point without coming across as a dousche.
Some here lack that ability.
Odds are that none of us are correct in all of our beliefs.
I fully realize some of my opinions will miss the target.
The reason I disrespect some views is because they are propagated to promote political agendas.
The reason I disrespect some of the dousche bags here is because, well because they act like condescending dousche bags.
Nice deflection, name calling and all... The question is easy-if you insist it’s fully cyclical and man is doing nothing to affect it then tell us how the data supports that.

The reason people like me take shots at your opinion is because it’s based on nothing other than your opinion and when presented with data and facts all you do is complain that people are mean to you.

Stand up and defend your point if you believe it so strongly, with data and facts. present a valid argument, don’t just call others arrogant and foolish.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
LOL , this comes from a guy that pores foundations . Think you've absorbed a little to much calcium chloride . Where's you data on that toxin ? Maybe you can pore some slabs for those wind turbines . How's that for a oxymoron comparison ?

Your slabs good for a 100 ?

Premium Features