• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Global Cooling is upon us !!!!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Are you against hydroelectric power ruffy?

I like all power! I just think the costs should reflect the total cost of using it. It is my opinion that fossil fuels do not.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
High speed trains haven't taken off in the U.S. because of the size of the project and the absolute sheer cost.
OH WAIT!
I bet we could have put a huge dent in building one with 787 BILLION dollars.

most european countries are smaller than a couple of our states so building a rail system is much simpler. Think of the cost of building bridges to cross all the roads and highways across this country.

(wow, this thread took a left turn)

I think China has some... and they are a bigger country too...

Anyways, sounds like lots of jobs to me.

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
High speed trains haven't taken off in the U.S. because of the size of the project and the absolute sheer cost.
OH WAIT!

most european countries are smaller than a couple of our states so building a rail system is much simpler. Think of the cost of building bridges to cross all the roads and highways across this country.

We are building a train that goes from Seatac airport, through the hood to down town Seattle. They didn't add 1 single parking spot or park and ride and it cost over $200 million a mile!

The train in Settle will never pay for it's self even at capacity for 50 years. All that money when we have a 9 billion dollor debt that is bigger per capita than California just to haul gangsters from turf to turf.

It's no bullit train but a great example of dumb liberal spending.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
OH WAIT!

California already passed a 10 billion dollar bill to build a speed train and the $$$ is being spent in the government hallways since it start in Sanm Francisco to Los Angeles.

http://www.cahighspeedrail.ca.gov/

Plus Reed got over a 100 billion from the stimulus package to build one from Vegas to Los Angeles.

Ha Ha Ha the last freeway built in Los Angeles cost over a billion a mile and both distances LA to SF and LA to Vegas are well over 300 miles.

Plus all those solar and wind farms here in California are being stopped because the EIA show the turbine blades might hurt a bird and the solar panels stop the plants from getting sunlight.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I think China has some... and they are a bigger country too...

Anyways, sounds like lots of jobs to me.

China labor is a FRACTION of the USA, very little worker rights, and there are no eminent domain issues unless you consider imprisonment of protestors a problem.

Jobs if you know the right people in politics so you can "research" the possibilities.

S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
We are building a train that goes from Seatac airport, through the hood to down town Seattle. They didn't add 1 single parking spot or park and ride and it cost over $200 million a mile!

The train in Settle will never pay for it's self even at capacity for 50 years. All that money when we have a 9 billion dollor debt that is bigger per capita than California just to haul gangsters from turf to turf.

It's no bullit train but a great example of dumb liberal spending.

WOW! That sounds almost identical to the Minneapolis light rails system that was jammed down our throats.

Premium Features