• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GGB quiet can

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Anyone running one of these on 850 Axys ? I am wondering if there is room to mount a muff pot type cooker to the top inlet pipe of the can, and if it gets hot enough to heat your food ?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Have one on my sled, definately room on the elbo on the top to get a muffpot, that should cook pretty good up there as its jus the pipe.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Ordered the GGB quiet can, love the fit and sound, the muffpot fits just fine. Sound is very close to stock just a little more noticeable on top end and has a nice deep tone at idle.

wally1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
Did you notice any difference in performance between the stock silencer and the GGB ? How much of a weight savings ?

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Did you notice any difference in performance between the stock silencer and the GGB ? How much of a weight savings ?
Close to a 6 lb savings , no power loss or running issues at all , not sure about gains , going by seat of the pants feel, I think their might be . I have run GGB for the past several years on 4 other sleds and have never had any issues or power loss .

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Make sure you remove your pull rope pulley if you install the GGB can, otherwise you will melt your pull cord rope in no time.
Their is no problem with the rope with the Trail can or the quiet can, I can't speak for the Mountain can on the 850 but would guess that it might get hot enough .

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
It is a problem with the quiet can, two people I know have melted their pull cords by not removing the pulley. My last ride it just happened in fact.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
It is a problem with the quiet can, two people I know have melted their pull cords by not removing the pulley. My last ride it just happened in fact.
Guess I better check again , had not seen a problem the last time I checked , will look at it later today .

Y
Feb 15, 2018
my second ride i melted my pull rope with the quiet can. pulled off the pulley and rewound the rope mountain side. no more problems.

Premium Features