• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen5 chassis in 2022??

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I did play with it quite a bit because it only takes about 15 seconds to change. I found I prefer it in the long position for boondocking and tree riding because I like the playful feel and being able to raise the skis on demand. But when you want to climb set it to short and the sled is a rocket. Kept the skis about 6 inches off the snow. The interesting thing I found about the turbo is even in deep snow on a steep hill when the sled wheelies and you start to lose ground speed you just had to let off the throttle, let the skis settle down and hit the throttle again. The track speed would recover so quickly and you could keep climbing. With my NA I would definitely be turning out. I think the short tunnel increases track speed too.

Ive read time and time again the spindle geometry is the same, but they’re lightweight and have better ski rubber. Has this been proven one way or another definitively?

Premium Features