• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen5 chassis in 2022??

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Seriously, all the poo riders are extremely butt hurt because they got bold new graphics for 2021. They’ve got nothing to brag about so they bash on skidoo.

Nothing to brag about?

Comparing the Pro RMK to the Summit "Expert Package"

The pro is 22lbs lighter, has a much better rear suspension, I would argue the front suspension is much better as well, no excessive clutch heat, a new 3.5 pitch 2.75 track, as well as a belt drive for all track sizes, LED headlights that actually work rather than the candle light Doo has, a much narrower design (body and running boards), and best of all it hardly trenches and it side hills like a mountain goat.. Hardly "nothing to brag about"

Next year will be there big mountain release, everyone knows that.. Besides whats the point is coming out with something bigger and better every year when your "outdated" chassis still hangs with everything else?

I currently ride Doo.. I love it.. Shot start is amazing, and the engine is so clean... but they need some rear suspension work for me to go back to a Summit again.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Comparing Doo apples to Poo apples... Add electric start to that Poo and see what the weight difference is down to. That said I would take Shot over E-start any day (and twice on ride-day)...!!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
According to the Doo website a 165 Expert is 446lbs.

They have come a long way and if they would consider a belt drive, clutching that did not require the extra belt guard, lighter LED headlight and aluminum A-Arms they would likely close the gap a whole lot more. I know they could easily lose some weight out back too. I don't believe that BRP couldn't lighten the design and maintain strength and quality at the existing price tag.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Comparing Doo apples to Poo apples... Add electric start to that Poo and see what the weight difference is down to. That said I would take Shot over E-start any day (and twice on ride-day)...!!

Really? You would not want E-start on a Poo as they start with a flick of the wrist. And if there was any weight penalty for Doo I would think a lot of guys wouldn't bother either because the new ones start way easy now. The development of E-Start was because sleds used to be hard to start and could flood.(band-aid). I started buddies T850 the other day and could not believe how easy it pulled over. (as easy as the Polaris but started first pull from cold) Maybe lower compression?? Anyway unfortunately Doo's pull handle location is still too low so if you are on the left side it is hard to reach.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Check the specs again..
2021 Pro Rmk vs 2021 Summit Expert Package is 22lbs difference.

Wet weight is the only weight that matters..poo 510(43ltrs of gas)...doo was 551..(36 ltrs..lol)
Ok the expert is i guess 5lbs lighter now?..so will poo next year as well with new track.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Really? You would not want E-start on a Poo as they start with a flick of the wrist. And if there was any weight penalty for Doo I would think a lot of guys wouldn't bother either because the new ones start way easy now. The development of E-Start was because sleds used to be hard to start and could flood.(band-aid). I started buddies T850 the other day and could not believe how easy it pulled over. (as easy as the Polaris but started first pull from cold) Maybe lower compression?? Anyway unfortunately Doo's pull handle location is still too low so if you are on the left side it is hard to reach.
The pull handle placement, and pull effort, has little relevance on a sled with Shot.
We can agree to disagree on the rest.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
3 pulls my old 16 800 sks took to start.. even more in the extreme cold, and then I had to change spark plugs as well if it was below -30C.. My 850 Doo starts first pull no matter what, and then its not pull started for the rest of the day, and only a 2lb penalty! I love the etec for that.. And fouled plugs is not even in the vocab. It'd be nice if they could shed a bit more weight and lose the tmotion and flex edge track though.

Premium Features