• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen5 chassis in 2022??

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I personally hope they don’t make the next chassis more like a Poo!
The refined expert and 850t are creeping toward the Poo feel anyways..
I like e G4 as it sits and I don’t want Anymore Poo injected into its DNA!
And BRP Do not listen to the Poo cry baby’s they will never switch brands..
0e4369e95e45861321366d21145a1804.jpg

Here is a reminder of where the G4 shines, the turbo Axy’s 163 2.6 is stuck on a goat trail.. you see the expert and turbo not afraid to stop anywhere!
You think a skid change is gonna make it sidehill any better in this snow?
You think a skid change will make it more predictable in this snow?
You think a skid change gonna make it feel lighter in this snow?

Guess what? G4 just kills it when Poo is afraid to leave the goat trail plain and simple. You die hard Poo guys are on crack if you think a 2.6 can keep up in deep snow..

Deep snow advantage is where it matters to me! Doo wins for now..
Poo with the Doo 3.5 2.7” track for next season might have a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Apr 12, 2018

Here is a reminder of where the G4 shines, the turbo Axy’s 163 2.6 is stuck on a goat trail.. you see the expert and turbo not afraid to stop anywhere!

Guess what? G4 just kills it when Poo is afraid to leave the goat trail plain and simple. You die hard Poo guys are on crack if you think a 2.6 can keep up in deep snow..

Oh boy, Paul. You stirred up the hornets nest now! Now you will hear from chadly. Hes the greatest polaris rider in the world. I believe he hails from washington state, but he builds and designs all the sleds for Polaris in his spare time , when hes not saving lives in the bering sea from his canoe. You will now be schooled, from the picture, on that poos wrong set up and that guys riding ability. His sleds climb 91 degree hills and hopovers in just under 8 inches. You just shouldnt have posted the picture!

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I have a feeling BRP looks at these forums, and with all the complaints about the G4 chassis I just wanted to give a vote of satisfaction! The peeps that also like it might want to defend it a little bit so BRP gets the hint.
Saw a complaint about reviews with no rider info, thought that makes sense to give a little rider info
Me, have owned Cat, Poo, Doo
Ridden 16 Axys silber, 17 axys boondocker 163”
10years riding mountains
I’m 51 @ 175lbs
I ride 2-3 weeks a year in the mountains
I ride all terrain, steep, trees, hero snow, super deep
I like tree riding
Cornice drops
Not a jumper
SnowyRange my favorite spot!
Have Ridden Cooke, West Yellowstone, Island Park, Togwotee, Big horns
The 165 850t is by far my favorite sled!
The only thing I’ve changed is skis to narrow setting. Adjustable limiter long
Rear spring to 1
It is not a wheelie monster for me, not sure what I’m doing wrong there? Could lift just a tad more for me..
It is very playful, tons of power and great traction! I never got this as a complaint—>Not a trencher!
Easy to turn, easy to get on edge, holds a sidehill for me very well.
And as far as the turbo goes
It’s like having an extra gear
1st pops out of snow instantly
2nd gets on top of snow quickly
3 gets on top of snow more and goes effortlessly

850t 400 miles so far

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

Just so you know, that is not a goat trail.
As far as track go a 3 in is going to kill the 2.6 in those conditions. My buddy's 2.6 spins a lot but does crawl on snow really quick instead of digging and trenching like polaris's 3 inch. Imo nothing beats the alpha track in those conditions period. The alpha trenches a touch and so does the gen 4. I guess i also don't get the doo 2.7. Didn't realize I had a doo track on my alpha since it is 3.5.
I actually don't think they need a skid change. They do wash out and turn uphill but you can work around that. My alpha will wash. I keep the front going where i want it and the back usually follows. Doos worst problem is in their front end. Their spindle geometry combined with an insanely deep keel makes for an unpredictable out come in lesser snow. I just got unloaded on my 850t yesterday because of this. Ive got die hard doo buddies that think i am out of my mind. If you think that just put it on edge and run down the hard packed road keeping it on edge. You can do it on a polaris or cat. That does transfer to the mountain. The doo rides better than anything but is really front heavy in less snow. My last gripe is i had to turn out on a hill yesterday. It took 2 runs to get over. That wasn't in the brochure.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Just so you know, that is not a goat trail.
As far as track go a 3 in is going to kill the 2.6 in those conditions. My buddy's 2.6 spins a lot but does crawl on snow really quick instead of digging and trenching like polaris's 3 inch. Imo nothing beats the alpha track in those conditions period. The alpha trenches a touch and so does the gen 4. I guess i also don't get the doo 2.7. Didn't realize I had a doo track on my alpha since it is 3.5.
I actually don't think they need a skid change. They do wash out and turn uphill but you can work around that. My alpha will wash. I keep the front going where i want it and the back usually follows. Doos worst problem is in their front end. Their spindle geometry combined with an insanely deep keel makes for an unpredictable out come in lesser snow. I just got unloaded on my 850t yesterday because of this. Ive got die hard doo buddies that think i am out of my mind. If you think that just put it on edge and run down the hard packed road keeping it on edge. You can do it on a polaris or cat. That does transfer to the mountain. The doo rides better than anything but is really front heavy in less snow. My last gripe is i had to turn out on a hill yesterday. It took 2 runs to get over. That wasn't in the brochure.

The most truth out of all previous posts is this one. A couple buddies ride Expert and T850. Some days they are easier to ride and some days hard to ride than my AXYS. Very snow dependent. I like their deep, short keel skis in deep snow but hate them in heavy rutted snow.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Weren’t you the one who said the p drive was the best clutch ever? No maintenance? But then it wears out quickly, no replacements parts, therefore no maintenance but you gotta buy a brand new one?
Didn’t you say the 850 is best motor ever and hundreds of sleds sat with blown motors in 2017? Who is the cult leader now? Don’t forget belt gate! Haha
I don’t fault you for doing your job as an ambassador. You listened to what marketing and designers told you. Then the g4 has major motor, driveshaft and belt issues and you took the blame for it all. That’s sucks for you but I understand it. They hung you out to dry. They left you out in the cold to defend brp and the French girls hid in the background and went dark. That move ruined your name and it irks me they did that to you. You have dedicated your life to Brp and did good things. I hope they give you sleds for life. They owe it to you in my eyes.

The mgmt shuffle was in the corporate headlines, news, mgmt list and insider knowledge. Brp, the public and dude knew he messed up. Haha Maybe it’s fake news? What do I know?
The g4 sucks and Brp lost a ton of customers over it. If the g4 team weren’t fired they should be. But it’s ok. They learned and are doing good things now.

They make a lot of their own parts, in Canada ?? so they don’t have to rely as much on supply chains from other corona countries.
Pass my name on to the r and d boss for the next sled. I can show them where to access 2,000 miles of Wfo vertical feet in May and June. This abuse will cause any shortcomings to surface real quick. Or they can test ride the usual 100miles. Haha. All joking aside, they got this.

The above are my beliefs.
This is hilarious.

Would anyone like to put the previous XM clutch in their G4? Not Me
When did yours wear out? KM's? Define Quickly. No replacement parts? You make the choice if you need to buy a new clutch over replacing parts?
Hundreds of sleds? Is that the number or a guess? if your going to spout, maybe try accuracy as it is important if you want to be taken seriously.
Belts? Never said there was not a problem, but gave numbers on the problem and helped let guys know what to do. True got laughed at but then when mounts came out and they only gave them to guys who had issues-due to case claims, you sure learned fast that I was accurate in what to do. I don't mind guys blaming me or focusing on me, I am trying to help and sometimes your a friend and sometimes your a foe to guys. I will continue to put accurate info out there so the guys who are interested get it over the guys who are claiming to know for the attention. One thing to remember is you don't have to be accurate at all, and are free to say whatever you want. I have to say accurate info, as I represent a big company that can't lie, they have to publish accurate information.

Fact: The G4 has been the best selling sled Ski-Doo has ever produced, records beat every year since introduced, also the most reliable sled - Ski-Doo has ever produced. All you see more of now is the issues which within numbers falls way under 4%, those are facts of numbers sold and warranty issue claims, all you see now is more on social media about someone who puts up a "who's had an engine blow" graph and gets 100 people and people think that tells the story. If that was true they could just find the 100 no problem sleds and say there is zero issues! Another example is guys saying they have this issue etc, then we check and they don't even own a G4. I loved being involved with Ski-Doo, I have learned a ton from everyone in the company and feel privileged to do so. I get to play and do what I want every day and have been doing that since I was 17 running my own business and enjoying life. Never once had to lie, cheat or steal, as I have worked with over 60 amazing companies that I have chosen to work with and have been lucky enough to do so, you don't get to do what I do by doing it any different, that is why there are very few who do what I do.

cheers dave

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Clutching and skid are the G4's weak points. No G5 needed is they could address those.
what do you want the clutching to do, remember it has to be for everyone in all areas and has to work perfectly in all those. Wait till you spend more time on the Turbo, the backshift is super smooth and man the thing runs good. Same with the skid, you want to get rid of torsions but they are the best for effective small bump compliance right now, depending on just the air or the coil for the quick return is not as effective in a cost effective way. Yes you can improve everything on a sled. But do you want to pay 4-6 thousand more to do so? You can make a super light and stronger and better machine, but it is going to cost a lot of money to do so. Come up with a design and parts that keep it the same price or as everyone wants, cheaper then submit that here. Its not impossible but no one on here has done that yet. It is easy to say more more more and I agree but it will cost more money and 85% of the riders out there just don't need it so you just lost 85% of your customers and now all that cost has to be spread out over 15%. See how it does not work. That is why there are accessories and aftermarket for those guys who think and want to make their sled better for them.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
what do you want the clutching to do, remember it has to be for everyone in all areas and has to work perfectly in all those. Wait till you spend more time on the Turbo, the backshift is super smooth and man the thing runs good. Same with the skid, you want to get rid of torsions but they are the best for effective small bump compliance right now, depending on just the air or the coil for the quick return is not as effective in a cost effective way. Yes you can improve everything on a sled. But do you want to pay 4-6 thousand more to do so? You can make a super light and stronger and better machine, but it is going to cost a lot of money to do so. Come up with a design and parts that keep it the same price or as everyone wants, cheaper then submit that here. Its not impossible but no one on here has done that yet. It is easy to say more more more and I agree but it will cost more money and 85% of the riders out there just don't need it so you just lost 85% of your customers and now all that cost has to be spread out over 15%. See how it does not work. That is why there are accessories and aftermarket for those guys who think and want to make their sled better for them.

The issue with the Doo's clutching is the excessive heat. For whatever reason, the sled's clutch generates a lot of heat. Presumably that's why Ski Doo made the changes to the motor mounts, did the venting, new cover, finned sheave, new belt, etc. Seems like there is some inefficiency there and a byproduct is excessive heat.

As for the skid, the issues are trenching at times and wheelies. Watch a Polaris RMK on the snow. In most instances, that thing doesn't wheelie and gets on top of the snow quicker. I don't know why, maybe the Poo's lighter weight, belt drive and/or the track? I just know from watching those who ride with us and trying a Poo out that the Poo gets on top of the snow quicker and trenches less than the Doo. Is my G4 better than my XM was in this regard? Absolutely. Would I like my G4 to be better in this regard still? Absolutely.

I love my G4, but it could still be better. Isn't that the goal? Otherwise, Ski Doo would've just quit after the Rev.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
The issue with the Doo's clutching is the excessive heat. For whatever reason, the sled's clutch generates a lot of heat. Presumably that's why Ski Doo made the changes to the motor mounts, did the venting, new cover, finned sheave, new belt, etc. Seems like there is some inefficiency there and a byproduct is excessive heat.

As for the skid, the issues are trenching at times and wheelies. Watch a Polaris RMK on the snow. In most instances, that thing doesn't wheelie and gets on top of the snow quicker. I don't know why, maybe the Poo's lighter weight, belt drive and/or the track? I just know from watching those who ride with us and trying a Poo out that the Poo gets on top of the snow quicker and trenches less than the Doo. Is my G4 better than my XM was in this regard? Absolutely. Would I like my G4 to be better in this regard still? Absolutely.

I love my G4, but it could still be better. Isn't that the goal? Otherwise, Ski Doo would've just quit after the Rev.
we all want more! I get that but it has to be maintained within a budget, otherwise it can't happen. the future is bright, i will say that! :)

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
@Norona , you are a great ambassador for Bombardier.
I wish my local dealer worked as hard for their brand as you do.
They don't do "demos" , but they will meet u on the mountain and ride with u and let u ride the sled. My dealer met me on the mountain and ditched me without a word because my buddies sled (polaris)had an electrical issue that required removing the hood....
Took less than 10 min to fix the polaris and the dealer didn't have that time for me...
The following Monday, i went to the dealer to ask what happened and why he left.
He said he doesn't need help selling sleds, he can barely keep stock....

Yup, u probably guessed right, i have not been back (since 2017)and have a bad taste for that Brand....
I was a skidoo guy from 1990-2007....

Sent it

F
Aug 18, 2013
we all want more! I get that but it has to be maintained within a budget, otherwise it can't happen. the future is bright, i will say that! :)

Dave you seem like a nice, honest legit person. I have a bit of advice though. Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Seriously, all the poo riders are extremely butt hurt because they got bold new graphics for 2021. They’ve got nothing to brag about so they bash on skidoo.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Dave you seem like a nice, honest legit person. I have a bit of advice though. Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Seriously, all the poo riders are extremely butt hurt because they got bold new graphics for 2021. They’ve got nothing to brag about so they bash on skidoo.

Well if that is true you won't see any 2021 Polaris sleds on the snow for next season. News flash.... I know several who snowchecked already.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
@Norona , you are a great ambassador for Bombardier.
I wish my local dealer worked as hard for their brand as you do.
They don't do "demos" , but they will meet u on the mountain and ride with u and let u ride the sled. My dealer met me on the mountain and ditched me without a word because my buddies sled (polaris)had an electrical issue that required removing the hood....
Took less than 10 min to fix the polaris and the dealer didn't have that time for me...
The following Monday, i went to the dealer to ask what happened and why he left.
He said he doesn't need help selling sleds, he can barely keep stock....

Yup, u probably guessed right, i have not been back (since 2017)and have a bad taste for that Brand....
I was a skidoo guy from 1990-2007....

Sent it
This has nothing to do with brand, more to do with a particular person, I am sure there is a similar story from many people with different shops of every brand, no one is perfect, I will reserve judgement as I was not there and I am not perfect either. Ride what you like and enjoy!

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
Well if that is true you won't see any 2021 Polaris sleds on the snow for next season. News flash.... I know several who snowchecked already.
Lol oh c'mon let's be real. It doesn't matter if it's a BNG or new chassis year. Lots of guys snowcheck one every year.

Look at the Toyota taco. That thing has been the same for like 7 years and they still sell a ton of em.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Lol oh c'mon let's be real. It doesn't matter if it's a BNG or new chassis year. Lots of guys snowcheck one every year.

Look at the Toyota taco. That thing has been the same for like 7 years and they still sell a ton of em.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just say'n some are very happy with what is being offered. I ordered a new Khaos 165 because of the great shock package, and new lighter track, nothing to do with BNG. Ski-doo builds a great sled only it is not built for my riding style and BTW the Polaris comes in a couple thousands of dollars less expensive too, for the features I would want.

F
Aug 18, 2013

I know of a few die hard poo riders. They snowcheck whatever Polaris offers every year. So ya you will see lots of 2021 Polaris ripping around with their bold new graphics. Personally I ride what I like best.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I know of a few die hard poo riders. They snowcheck whatever Polaris offers every year. So ya you will see lots of 2021 Polaris ripping around with their bold new graphics. Personally I ride what I like best.
I know this is the doo forum but i buy and ride everything. Polaris did a new track and quick drive. You can now get a belt drive on a 3 inch. They gave everyone a longer kaos that a few were asking for last year. That's a pretty stellar deal compared to bold new graphics. Doo did more than anyone with the turbo and lightweight hood but the way you are lookig at polaris skidoo did nothing but bold new graphics because my 2020.5 already has the turbo anf light weight hood. If anyone should be mad, it should be cat riders.

F
Aug 18, 2013
I know this is the doo forum but i buy and ride everything. Polaris did a new track and quick drive. You can now get a belt drive on a 3 inch. They gave everyone a longer kaos that a few were asking for last year. That's a pretty stellar deal compared to bold new graphics. Doo did more than anyone with the turbo and lightweight hood but the way you are lookig at polaris skidoo did nothing but bold new graphics because my 2020.5 already has the turbo anf light weight hood. If anyone should be mad, it should be cat riders.

Personally I like the alpha one more then the axys. If cat would lighten and narrow their chassis, fix the intake, I would buy one.

Premium Features