• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen 5 Extended Glovebox with heated Cell Phone Holder

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
BRP does a HORRIBLE job of marketing this accessory.
I ordered it more or less BLIND just hoping for the best.

While I have not yet Ridden/Used it, I am VERY OPTIMISTIC that this is actually a great useful tool!!

860202372_cellphone_holder.jpg[1].jpg

860202501_glovebox_extension_gps_support.jpg[1].jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Deffinately ads FORWARD depth to the sled.
But surprisingly ads very little vertical height.
With any luck at all it will not seriously impact the ability to roll the sled over in deep snow.

1.JPG

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Somewhat confusing photo.
You're looking through the soft cover at the small zip lock back with the side locks that you have to hand insert to custom fit YOUR specific phone.

IMG_3215.JPG

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
SPACE!
LOADS OF PRECIOUS STORAGE SPACE!!!!
1 Power line for the heater
1 USB for the phone charger, connection to the BRP Large Display.
More connections still open/available for "other" things???

IMG_3217.JPG

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The cell phone holder has a SOFT LENS on it.
Non-Ridid.
Should be self conforming to pretty much ANY cell phone placed behind it.
Will borrow a Cell Phone and take some additional photos shortly.

IMG_3227.JPG

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
HEATED back side of the cell phone holder.
NO MORE DEAD CELL PHONES!
WARM and FULL CHARGED
all day long. :)

IMG_3225.JPG

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ridding buddy installed it on his new sled and the thing actually looks like it is going to work well. We are going to watch for a while before we pull the plug on one.
100% SUPPORT that choice.
Let me get this beast out on the snow once and ROLL IT OVER and report back on just how it handles that.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
looks very functional but damn it's goofy looking. looks like a mountain sled that identifies as a trail sled.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
looks very functional but damn it's goofy looking. looks like a mountain sled that identifies as a trail sled.
the problem is these new sleds from Doo just have NO STORAGE SPACE at all.
And that new large display REQUIRES it be attached to a Cell Phone to even begin to deliver on its capabilities.

What we need next is a good side by side comparison to a Polaris 7S display hood.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i agree about the storage and i avoided some of that issue by not getting the still inadequate large gauge which looks like no updates thus far but hopefully there will be. anywho, where are they gonna find more room on a summit? i personally don't want a bulkier sled because brp added more storage areas.
i think what we need is a somewhat smaller gauge {it's a mountain sled for chrissakes, leave the ipad for the trail sleds) that has gps and buddy finding built in. i'm a minimalist-i hate tons of crap on my sled and only bring essential items-firstaid, tools, etc.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
i agree about the storage and i avoided some of that issue by not getting the still inadequate large gauge which looks like no updates thus far but hopefully there will be. anywho, where are they gonna find more room on a summit? i personally don't want a bulkier sled because brp added more storage areas.
i think what we need is a somewhat smaller gauge {it's a mountain sled for chrissakes, leave the ipad for the trail sleds) that has gps and buddy finding built in. i'm a minimalist-i hate tons of crap on my sled and only bring essential items-firstaid, tools, etc.
And yet
Both POLARIS and ARCTIC CAT are selling GPS and BUDDY TRACKING.
and LOADS OF THEM.

I can only speak for myself on this issue.
But I have been caught up on the ridgeline on MANY occasions when a sudden WHITE OUT blows in and not been able to see/locate any of the other riders I am with. And while I fully expect that BRP will in fact finally have some good news on increased functionality of the large screen, I went ahead and installed even MORE tech on my sled. Buddy Tracking for me, was worth the extra cost, regardless of whether or not BRP adds it at some later date.

IMG_3214.JPG

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
yes, gps and buddy tracking are great but i'm going to wait til it's part of the gauge. hopefully updates for existing owners will come but i'm skeptical. you're setup looks extreme to me but you gotta do what you gotta do but it also illustrates brp's dropping of the ball on the large gauge and the lengths owners are going to to rectify the situation by having to spend even more.

Last edited:

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
And yet
Both POLARIS and ARCTIC CAT are selling GPS and BUDDY TRACKING.
and LOADS OF THEM.

I can only speak for myself on this issue.
But I have been caught up on the ridgeline on MANY occasions when a sudden WHITE OUT blows in and not been able to see/locate any of the other riders I am with. And while I fully expect that BRP will in fact finally have some good news on increased functionality of the large screen, I went ahead and installed even MORE tech on my sled. Buddy Tracking for me, was worth the extra cost, regardless of whether or not BRP adds it at some later date.

View attachment 410777
Dam that is alot displays!
If you drive over a lake will you be able to see fish?

Premium Features