• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gen 4 turbo steering slop

Post number 3 has been selected as best answered.

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
I was riding this weekend and hit a pretty big hole that pushed my steering block forward and now my steering has some play forward and back. It is probably about 1/4 inch of play. The steering has no side to side play. What should i look for? Do i need new bushings? or did bolts come loose? I am going to take it apart this week and was wondering if anyone has seen this and what it was.

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
Not quite sure what I can add but I also have some questions about slop in the steering. I was working on an unrelated matter when I noticed the bushing and steering post slop on my 2019 600R Summit. It looks like a bolt captures the bushing on the backside, but I can see a sleeve and threw hole in the bushing on the front side, however there’s not a bolt it’s simply captured between the upright frame posts. Is that normal?

I have pictures but it’s not allowing to post them at the moment.

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
76e6ca752ceab38402edfdec077cb8ce.jpg

This is the part I’m referring too. The slop is at the bushing and as I mentioned, it looks like a bolt is missing?

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Not missing, that's how they are. OFT steering bushing does have 2 bolts and much tighter than the flimsy plastic. Another option is skinz post forward which has a nicer bushing.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
the parts diagram shows two bolts going through the bushing housing although it looks like there's not enough clearance for the forward bolt in the pic. maybe the housing is supposed to sit lower? damn, just has my hood off to put in new secondary rollers yesterday or i'd go take a look.

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Not missing, that's how they are. OFT steering bushing does have 2 bolts and much tighter than the flimsy plastic. Another option is skinz post forward which has a nicer bushing.

Mine is like that also seems flimsy though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I double checked my dad's 19 summit with the stock bushing. There is no bolt in the front hole, just a sleeve like Dyno Dan's picture. There is only a bolt through the sleeve behind the post. My sled has the OFT bushing, There is noticeably less play than his sled.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features