• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gboost Belts "Worlds Best Belts"

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Clutching guru Glend Erlandson sold EPI many years ago but didn't really care for retirement. He formed a new company called Gboost Technologies. I found out about them through the ATV and Side x Side industry. As many of you know ATV's & side x sides offer extreme challenges to drive belts. The main reason is heat because they are in an enclosure to keep them away from water and sand. Also, they are typically driven in warmer temperatures.

I started hearing about these Bad Ass belts and then the Worlds Best belts with rave reviews. They are using higher technology and new materials to make these belts run cooler and last longer. Such as Aramid fiber cords and ball ground tapers instead of knife cut.

Here is an awesome review from the side x side community.

So I seeked out Gboost and added them to my vendor list. I figured if they are taking this much care to develop belts for the ATV industry why not try them on our snowmobiles. They have a full line of snowmobile belts. Here is the tech in the snowmobile belts.

World’s Best Belt Line

• Manufacturing, quality control certifications — ISO-14001, ISO-9001, and IATF-16949.
  • 3rd Generation heavy-duty, high-twist Aramid Fiber cord for HIGH HORSEPOWER TENSILE LOAD requirements. Making it the strongest belt on the market, surpassing even our EX and Sand Storm lines.
  • Highest shock load rating to date being able to withstand the power of the 400hp machines.
  • Increased top cog pressure load design that increases sidewall rigidity, prevents top cog bowing, but still allows for increased rotational flexibility.
  • Bottom cog uses HIGH MODULOUS RUBBER COMPOUND (BZX1) for better heat resistance and heat dissipation.
  • Bottom cog is impregnated with short Aramid Fibers for better belt-to-sheave adhesion and reduced overall belt temperature.
  • Latest bottom cog design for greater rotational efficiency at full shift.
  • Precision ground sidewall angle (SCUFFING) for smooth engagement, increased power transfer and lower operating belt temperature. • Aramid Fiber cord, versus polyester, wraps over bottom cogs for increased bottom cog strength.
  • Increased cord pop-out resistance.
This belt is for the rider / racer that is looking for the latest in technology and proven performance.

BAD Ass EX LIne
  • High temperature, heat resistant polymer DUMAX (TM) with directionally-oriented fibers under the base cord construction
  • Will handle the power heat/friction for maximum power transfer through clutches.
  • Engineered to keep maximum under-cord stiffness across the belt while giving stable cord construction base and allowing the belt to flex for efficiency and cool running temps.
  • CORD - Next generation, ultra-strong Aramid fiber cord (S-Compound and E-Compound models) can handle/carry more than 10,000 pounds of tension without stretching or breaking. 30% stronger compared to OEM and aftermarket drive belts. E-Compound Turbo Belts are Aramid Fiber with DUMAX (TM) high-temperature compound.
  • TOP COG - Next generation cog design with DUMAX (TM) compound for above-cord strength, flexibility, and heat resistance. This is a must for today's high-horsepower/high-torque motor/clutch applications.
  • E-Compound Turbo Belts
  • Next Generation, Aramid Fiber with Superior Cord Tensile Strength and DUMAX (TM)
  • Can handle/carry more than 10,000lbs of tension without stretching
  • Stronger than OEM or aftermarket drive belts
  • Top Cog Compound to RetainCord Rigidity and Better Adhesion of Top Cogt to Cord Construction
    "If you blow the S-Compound, E-Compound, or E-Compound Turbo Belt, it is because your clutch calibration is incorrect for your application." -Glenn Erlandson
Here is the link to Gboost Ski-Doo Snowmobile Drive Belts. We also have the ATV ones in our ATV section.

https://www.gobigparts.com/Snowmobile-Products/Drive/gboost-drive-belts/ski-doo-gboost-belts/

DBPO1183-2T.png
WBB383-SNOW-2T.png

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Just letting you know what's available. Like I said we seemed them out because of the great reviews we have been seeing. I purchased for my ATV this summer because I kept blowing OEMs figured I'd give them a try. Will let you know how they work out. I am a user and a sponsor on snowest forums

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
How do these belt compare to the skidoo 571 new from last season?

From the sound of things they share some of the same materials I think.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
From the manufacturer website

World’s Best Belt Line

GBOOST WORLD'S BEST SNOW Belt - SKI-DOO WBB383
  • Manufacturing, quality control certifications — ISO-14001, ISO-9001, and IATF-16949.
  • 3rd Generation heavy-duty, high-twist Aramid Fiber cord for HIGH HORSEPOWER TENSILE LOAD requirements. Making it the strongest belt on the market, surpassing even our EX and Sand Storm lines.
  • Highest shock load rating to date being able to withstand the power of the 400hp machines.
  • Increased top cog pressure load design that increases sidewall rigidity, prevents top cog bowing, but still allows for increased rotational flexibility.
  • Bottom cog uses HIGH MODULOUS RUBBER COMPOUND (BZX1) for better heat resistance and heat dissipation.
  • Bottom cog is impregnated with short Aramid Fibers for better belt-to-sheave adhesion and reduced overall belt temperature.
  • Latest bottom cog design for greater rotational efficiency at full shift.
  • Precision ground sidewall angle (SCUFFING) for smooth engagement, increased power transfer and lower operating belt temperature. • Aramid Fiber cord, versus polyester, wraps over bottom cogs for increased bottom cog strength.
  • Increased cord pop-out resistance

• Below is the lower quality belt info

• DBSD197EX - Drive Belt - Ski Doo

• High temperature, heat resistant polymer DUMAX (TM) with directionally-oriented fibers under the base cord construction

• Will handle the power heat/friction for maximum power transfer through clutches.

• Engineered to keep maximum under-cord stiffness across the belt while giving stable cord construction base and allowing the belt to flex for efficiency and cool running temps.

• CORD - Next generation, ultra-strong Aramid fiber cord (S-Compound and E-Compound models) can handle/carry more than 10,000 pounds of tension without stretching or breaking. 30% stronger compared to OEM and aftermarket drive belts. E-Compound Turbo Belts are Aramid Fiber with DUMAX (TM) high-temperature compound.

• TOP COG - Next generation cog design with DUMAX (TM) compound for above-cord strength, flexibility, and heat resistance. This is a must for today's high-horsepower/high-torque motor/clutch applications.
  • E-Compound Turbo Belts
  • Aramid Fiber with Superior Cord Tensile Strength and DUMAX (TM)
  • Top Cog Compound to RetainCord Rigidity and Better Adhesion of Top Cog
  • to Cord Construction.
    "If you blow the S-Compound, E-Compound, or E-Compound Turbo Belt, it is because your clutch calibration is incorrect for your application." -Glenn Erlandson

This belt is for the rider / racer that is looking for the latest in technology and proven performance.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
At "What Tempature" do these belts break down at ?? Thermal propertys of that belt compound would be nice to see......:unsure:
I have not seen a chart on that yet but if these belts are successful on a side x side in the heat of summer on the dunes it will be a lot higher than what a snowmobile can throw at it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Premium Features