• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gauntlets or Guards?

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Which do you prefer? I've traditionally like just a pair of mechanics gloves and guards to protect from wind and small branches when things tighten up. Grip heat turned on high then break out the heavy leather gloves when it starts getting dark for the speed ride home. Been thinking of Gauntlets though. Which do you prefer?

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
Which do you prefer? I've traditionally like just a pair of mechanics gloves and guards to protect from wind and small branches when things tighten up. Grip heat turned on high then break out the heavy leather gloves when it starts getting dark for the speed ride home. Been thinking of Gauntlets though. Which do you prefer?
I am trying Rox hand guards this year and I have been very happy so far. I wear light weight 40 gram gloves out west all the time.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
We broke way too many guards off, gave up. Also still cold fingers and smashed fingers.
Skins gauntlets that screw in end and Velcro around bars are very functional, best function being pull off and leave in trailer when warmer days, stuff in pack on cold days. They do stay off your knuckles and in place much better than two other brands we tried. Very warm when necessary.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I've been running cycra pro bend moto guards like I've run on bikes for years. Loving them so far. Keeps the wind, brush and whatever else off your hands. And they are super robust. Confident hooking my feet in thrm when rolling thr sled.20220218_143340.jpg

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I've been running cycra pro bend moto guards like I've run on bikes for years. Loving them so far. Keeps the wind, brush and whatever else off your hands. And they are super robust. Confident hooking my feet in thrm when rolling thr sled.View attachment 385029

Cool, I used to prefer the hand guards off of motorcycles myself but seeing more gauntlets. I always thought they looked a little clumsy

I
Dec 21, 2016
I’ve thought of those Cycra guards in the past, but I guess I’m fearful of my hand/wrist getting caught in there if something bad happens.

S
Dec 28, 2009
I've always wanted wrap arounds for my sled too. I might go that route. Been using the rox guards for years no issues other than the tab inside bending and they sag.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
They are closed rigid mounted on both sides. Fair warning. I did have to bend the insides a bit and shorten and drill new holes as obviously the 6" rise polaris mid bars drop a lot more then bike bars and I didn't want them mounted super crooked and not in front of my hands.

Not a hard task but don't expect them to drop on looking like mine.

For those guys worried about getting ur arms stuck. I will admit they are coming off for spring jumping but for everyday riding they offer a lot more protection then the risk they add IMO.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Took me all of 5 seconds riding a buddys sled with Burandts Grizzly Gauntlets on the sled to decide they were not for me. Friend asked me to try his. I jumped on and started to turn around and crank on it. Immediately my hand wanted the outside of the bar but the gauntlet blocked my hand and I immediately had to get out of the gas. Instantly I thought to myself, "Nope, don't need those." Rode the whole day with Mechanic gloves.

Premium Features