• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Garmin GPS Colorado Maps

Hi all, new here to the forum - I purchased a Garmin 650 Montana, and was wondering what my best options are for trails, etc. Should I just buy the Colorado 24k SD card from Garmin? I ride in the Carbondale/Paonia areas primarily. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

C
Jan 2, 2016
Buy the Xmaps HUNT Colorado maps. It's $100 or so, but if you use your GPS for snowmobiling and anything besides snowmobiling, it's amazing. Shows private/public/NF/Refuge, literally everything. The XMaps guys update like every 3 months. It's so good that it will show owners names on private property. Never leave home without ours. Buy a RAM mount forthe handlebars and you're good to go.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
You can download the snowmobile trail maps from the CSA website, do an overlay on google earth, and then download the map to you GPS so that the actual snowmobile trails and boundaries show up on your GPS.

I have the maps for Grand Mesa, Rabbit Ears, and Clark done (see thread below for files and instructions - make sure you change the file extension as mentioned)

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265592&highlight=kmz

Premium Features