• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fuse in 2009 assault

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
so i was having trouble with voltage dropping off. changed voltage regulator ,stator, and rectifier. i was unplugging everything to see if i had a short. then the ecu started smoking. bought new ecu and now i have no spark. i cant get it to power up with the power up wire either. is there a fuse i could have blown or any other ideas?

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
Check the ECU connectors for bent or pushed in pins. I don't believe there are any fuses.
Thanks I didn't see anything wrong there. Just did a little today and it is dead shorted before the ignition and tether. I don't see a throttle safety switch on it and don't see it in parts diagram. Checked ohms on stater and they were in spec.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thanks I didn't see anything wrong there. Just did a little today and it is dead shorted before the ignition and tether. I don't see a throttle safety switch on it and don't see it in parts diagram. Checked ohms on stater and they were in spec.

Throttle safety switch is in the throttle block.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
Throttle safety switch is in the throttle block.
took throttle lever off and found a nail in with the pin, previous owner must have put it there thats why it didnt seem like there was a tss.didnt think it would even run that way. i checked for continuity again. and when i have setting on regular ohm reading everything reads ok .when i have setting in auto, black wire reads 3/1000ths to ground. should that be a problem or not?? so i havent found anything wrong so far. going to have to examine the wires real close again.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
took throttle lever off and found a nail in with the pin, previous owner must have put it there thats why it didnt seem like there was a tss.didnt think it would even run that way. i checked for continuity again. and when i have setting on regular ohm reading everything reads ok .when i have setting in auto, black wire reads 3/1000ths to ground. should that be a problem or not?? so i havent found anything wrong so far. going to have to examine the wires real close again.
Sorry reading was 3000

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
took throttle lever off and found a nail in with the pin, previous owner must have put it there thats why it didnt seem like there was a tss.didnt think it would even run that way. i checked for continuity again. and when i have setting on regular ohm reading everything reads ok .when i have setting in auto, black wire reads 3000 to ground. should that be a problem or not?? so i havent found anything wrong so far. going to have to examine the wires real close again.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
Check the ECU connectors for bent or pushed in pins. I don't believe there are any fuses.
thank you, finally had time to get back on this. pins didnt look bad but i used a pick and bent the female end pins and that worked for the power and it started right up. found the brake light wire is grounded out. have it unplugged for now and it holds voltage long enough to ride around house. take it for a ride tomorrow, thanks for the help

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
so, thought problem was solved ran good for about 2 miles then same thing as the first time ..dash lights went out, lights went dim. got home and voltage at accessory plug was still 12. at the red and brown wires from voltage regulator was 17. i put the voltage regulator that i had bought new, and voltage was 14, but sled only ran long enough for me to go get my helmet on and it quit and wouldnt start. i tried bending pins on ecu plugs again, but still wont start, has spark, no fuel. going to mess with the plugs when i have time again. thinking of just parting it out

Premium Features