• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Furnace in uninsulated trailer

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Have a 7x29 trailer, walls are finished, ceiling is not. No insulation. Considering doing heat at some point... will there be extreme condensation without any insulation?

I have no intentions of sleeping in the trailer or anything, just would like to be able to thaw sleds and gear out. Any thoughts on BTU?

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
I had the same trailer in Aluma. It will get condensation but not terrible. My trailer heated up quick and worked like a charm but my ceiling was finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Just installed a suburban 40k btu furnace in my un-insulated (but fully finished) 7.5'x18' plus 5' V trailer. There is a little condensation first thing in the morning after sitting outside in freezing temps all night, but it quickly dissipates as the furnace runs. GET THE LARGEST FURNACE YOU CAN!!! It takes quite a bit of hot, moving air to fully heat and dry the space inside a trailer...especially when un-insulated.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Those little Diesel heaters are pretty amazing. No condensation inside the trailer at all. Used propane for years and the ceiling would drip water when the heater was on, then freeze the drops when it was off. I used to bring a towel along to wipe the ceiling off once the frozen droplets thawed. Sure don't miss that! :)

Premium Features