• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel problem on 2000 700 RMK

O
Dec 8, 2007
Wyoming
One of my sleds, a 2000 700 RMK, has a fuel issue. When the gas guage reads half a tank (functions properly), the sled will bog and die, and act like it is out of gas. In the past, we have added 2 gallons of fuel and it runs fine. What I dont know, is if it has a bad check valve and isnt getting air, or is it somehow not getting fuel? Has anyone had this problem before?

My next step will be to ride it until it happens again, then open the lid and let it have some air, and see if it runs right after that. Any ideas?

A

Andreas83

Feb 20, 2008
Norway
Fuel pickup inside tank is broken.
The hose is probably floating around in the tank.
Thats the only thing that i can think of that causes the problem you describe.

O
Dec 8, 2007
Wyoming
Ok, must be the fuel pick up hose in the tank. I wasnt sure how it worked in there. Do I need to take the tank off the sled? Maybe I will try to find a schematic to help me get a good idea of what I am looking at.

A

Andreas83

Feb 20, 2008
Norway
You should be able to pull the fitting that exit the tank out and replace the pickup hose.
Siphon out the fuel from the tank first and park it uphill to avoid much fuel spill.
If it is completly broken of you might need to fish out the hose from the filler cap hole.
Find some wire/tig welding rod or simular and bend a hook on the end of it.

6149a005.gif

Premium Features