• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel pressure gauge mounting?

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I ordered a BDX billet fuel pressure adapter and gauge. I was hoping to mount the gauge on the cowling. The billet fitting accepts 1/8" npt so I picked up a 1/8" npt to 1/4" fuel line barbed fitting so I can run a line to the back of the gauge once it is mounted to the cowling. The fitting on the back of the actual pressure gauge is also 1/8" male npt. How do I connect the fuel line to the back of the gauge? I cant seem to find a fitting that will take a 1/8" male npt to a 1/4" barbed fitting. Any suggestions? Am i going about this all wrong?

How are other people getting the fuel pressure gauges mounted on the dash?

Last edited:
C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
or do a female 90 degree connector and thread the barbed fitting into that. You might have to order it, grainger etc.
I found that a local Mclendons (hardware store) carried a lot, I mean alot more fittings then lowes or home depot.
If you cant deal with the 90 degree and make it work, then I bet you can order the one you are looking for.
for example, i searched "1/4 barb 1/8 fnpt"

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ww...ch&Ntt=1/4+barb+1/8+fnpt+brass&N=0&sst=subset
Also to hold my gauge on, I have used a big ziptie wrapped around the back side, or a hose clamp. I have no clue the right way to mount the gauges, they dont even look like they were made to be mounted...

Last edited:
Premium Features